38.

Long long chapter so i expect alot of comments lol. Make sure to tell me what you think. Most of the following chapters are gonna be dramatic so be ready!!

__

Chapter 38.
Appointments.

Hassan x Anaaya

"Hassan.." Anaaya trailed off, trying to ignore the smell of fresh omelette and cheese along with the stench of coffee.

Coffee had been one of her favourite beverages but ever since pregnancy she hadn't been able to swallow down the weird smell of all these things.

Something that her gynaecologist had told her was completely normal. She said it was going to pass in a few weeks, she just hoped those weeks would go by quickly.

"Hmm?" Hassan hummed back, digging in his omelette and only looking at her once he had finished his bite.

"When is this Lisa's case finishing?" She enquired him, more cautious than before.

Feriha baji had definitely raised a conflict in her mind. And she didn't know what to do with so much of information.

"Abhi to kaafi time hai. (There is alot of time left) About four to five months atleast." Anaaya's eyes rose at that.

"Oh."

"Why are you asking?" He questioned her, drinking another sip of how coffee.

Anaaya shrugged, inhaling and exhaling deeply to avoid the smell that hit her every once in a while, raising a wave of nausea.

"Just because it's weird that you're working so hard on a case that you're not even getting paid for." She said as a reply.

Hassan took a sip of his coffee before answering.

"Because she's an old friend. I want to help her. And because my firm wants me to do this since George is one of the big guns here in England."

Apparently George was among the fifty under fifty list here in England. A part of the fifty richest men in the country. But at the same time, it truly disgusted Anaaya that Lisa had married a fifty year old, just for the sake of money.

She rolled her eyes upon hearing him say old friend.

"Old friend? Why don't you say ex girlfriend?" Anaaya said bitterly.

Hassan raised an eye, choosing to avoid her bitter tone.

"Because she's much more than my ex girlfriend. She's my friend. The first one I made when I came to London."

"Sure.." Another sarcastic response from her side. Hassan put his folk down on the plate loudly, creating a clink sound.

"What's gotten into you?" He questioned, directly. If she had a problem, she had to be direct about it.

She shook her head.

"Nothing! It's just that I'm not comfortable with you hanging out with your ex girlfriend." She told him. Her voice louder than usual.

Hassan gave her a blank look.

"And I wasn't comfortable with you and Ahmad but you didn't stop. Did you?" He shot back.

Anaaya frowned.

"So that's how it's gonna be?" She questioned.

Those were two completely different situations. She wasn't Ahmad's ex girlfriend, neither was she his first love. That was just different.