1.

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost.

-Khalil gibran

Ali House, Defense, Lahore

09:00 AM.

The sun rose and shone to it's fullest. The time of Fajar had long gone by and mansion of Shafqat Ali had been engulfed by the clatter and rattle of spoons and plates as the oldest woman prepared breakfast along with the help.

She wiped off the beads of sweat from her forehead as she patted butter on the paratha and called upon her family for early breakfast.

Her voice reached all the rooms in the lower story of the house and the basement. Her three daughters and her husband arrived at the dining table. The girls sat in their respective chairs while their father sat on the chair in the middle that had always been reserved for him. 

A few moments later, Azlaan, the third younest arrived and greeted everryone with a salam. The whole family was present at the table. Their hunger calling out for an appetizing meal. 

Rania was the youngest daughter of the family, she had been coped up with her board exams for a long time and had one last exam today. Her binge eating clearly showed her stress and nervousness. 

Hiba, the second youngest was in college, trying to balance her life between studies and freedom. 

Azlaan was the middle child of the family, he had just finished his studies and was now under the guidance of his father, ready to take over the family business. 

The oldest daughter of the family was Feriha. She was their only child that had been married to some politician's son. She lived in Karachi and had decided to visit the family during the weekend. 

The first born son of the family was Hassan. 

"Hassan utha nahi ab tak? (Has Hassan not woken up yet?)" The deep voice of Shafaqat Ali Khan broke the silnce on the dining table as he directed his question to his wife.