Chapter Thirty-Six

(Noah's POV)

I hate how fast the best moments pass. All i knew that Eric said he loved me, i said i loved him and we kissed twice, we spoke to my grandpa more and before i could blink, i was back at my parents house. I was hoping that they would come around by now but deep down, i knew that they still wouldn't. I think grandpa spoke to my mom but it didn't seem like it didn't do anything. My parents and I still really didn't have anything to say to each other.

Should i try to educate them more? Should I give them more time? What do you do when your parents hate you?

I wanted time to slow down a little and even rewind so i can be with Eric again but sadly, it still goes on and now i'm back at school. I didn't see Eric this morning because my mom droppped me off at school and i was late.

Exams are in a couple of weeks and i needed to study...but how? I would invite Eric over but....is that a good idea? I'm sure grandpa hasn't told my parents about how we're in love with each other since he knows how to respect people's privacy but...my parents may be paranoid about me hanging around ANY guy.

I made as many notes as i could in class and made a list to organize my binder and notes.

At lunch time, i looked around for Eric but instead, i saw Dustin struggling to close his locker. I walked up to him and help him keep his locker shut.

He looked at me with a surpised look but then quickly closed his locker and locked it  when he had a chance.

"Thank-you." he smiled

"No problem." i smiled back.

It was quiet for a minute and he decided to take his leave.

"I should go-"

"Dustin wait!" i grabbed his arm. "I just want to say i'm sorry"

He sighed "You have a bad habit of blaming yourself for everything, Noah. It's all my fault. I should've hurt you like that and forced myself on you like that."

"But i did something wrong too." i told him.

"What?"

"I..I couldn't really figure out my feelings. I mislead you..I mean i really liked you a lot...I mean i still do really like you a lot. You're one of my first friends I made here and therefore, you are important to me. And I'm so sorry for hurting you.."

"Noah.."

"I mean while we were dating...I fell in love with someone else, and i can't believe I did that...I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Dustin reassured me. "I mean...the way i treated you...I think i deserved that."

"No you didn't!" I snapped. "You were just scared...."

"And you can't help it if you fell in love with someone else.It happens!"

"I shouldn't have done that to you-"

"My god, Noah! You're getting on my nerves!" he smiled. We then both burst out laughing. How can we both speak so normally when we both broke up?

"Wanna eat lunch with me?" He asked.

"Sure." I said "Give me one second." I pulled out my phone and texted Eric, telling him that I'm eating lunch with Dustin and not to wait up for me. I then added "i love you". It wasn't a covered up apology, I really just felt like saying it everytime i see or talk to him. When you tell someone you love them, you'd be surprised how amazing it feels and how addicted you get telling the person the three little words.

"Let's go." i told Dustin and we continued talking and i'm not going to lie, it caught me REALLY off guard how mature Dustin is acting. After all that has happened, this almost felt surreal. I thought he'd apologize then go his separate way. But.. he invited me out to lunch and we're having a normal conversation.

When we got into the cafeteria, Eric texted me back. I already knew what he basically would say but i read the text anyways

'Okay, no prob. Just be careful. I love you too.

"I want to talk to you in a less crowded area so do you mind if we eat outside?" Dustin asked after we got our food.

"Sure," i shrugged and we both went outside and sat on the grass.

"So...how have you been?" he asked me. I cringed because i didn't want to tell him but at the same time.

"I've...been better." i said, choosing my words carefully.

"I'm seeing a therapist." he blurted out, making my eyes widened. "What?"

"Well, after i dumped...broke up with you, I was pretty pissed with everything so my mom sent me to therapy since i wouldn't tell her what was wrong. At first, i didn't tell the therapist anything but she really helped me...or should i say forced me to reflect on myself."

"I say it worked." i blurted out.

"Yeah." he smiled as he began to eat his lunch and i did too as well. When we were half way done, he began to apologize.

"I'm so sorry Noah. I really am terrible."

"Same. I'm sorry too... I think we both screwed each other over."

He let out a little laugh.

"But seriously, thank you for coming around. You're amazing Dustin." I praised him "I don't think many people can do that."

"I think i came around because i like you too damned much."

Guilt began to eat away at my stomach and i suddenly didn't feel like eating much.

"I wish i could turn back time," he continued "so i could treat you better.

"Same," i whispered, as i placed my hand on his shoulder. He placed his hand over mine.

"I wish we could still be friends at least, but... i don't think i can.." he apologized.

"Yeah, i want that too but i don't think that's a good idea either." I agreed.

"So...."

"This is goodbye then?"

"Yeah..seems like it."

We just sat in silence and almost didn't hear the bell ring to indicate that our lunch break was over. We both stood up in silence and grabbed our half eaten lunchs. At one point, his face was close to mine and i couldn't help but kiss his cheek.

We smiled at each other and went to our classes. Eric texted me again

"Are you okay?"

I replied to his message.

"I will be."

I just needed to face my parents. I needed to stop running. And so did they.

--------------------------------------------------

A couple of days late. i apologize and I wrote this in like 5 minutes to be honest. Right after i declared that i wasn't busy... my life became busy and i really didn't have free time til now. I'm not really good at developing side characters, and i feel like Dustin's character wasn't written well enough and i apologize, i still am working on character development. I know Dustin did like an 180 in this chapter and it's a bit unrealistic but, i personally think that Noah deserved that, don't you?