~Chapter Four~

Eric's P.O.V (After he refused to tutor Noah)

"Just because I'm the smartest kid in school, that doesn't mean I have to tutor stupid people." I growled, walking out of the classroom, closing the door behind me.

 I dragged my feet to the corner of the hall and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Oh God, I knew that I promised Mrs.Earon that I would tutor Mr.Careless no matter what...but now that I met him, I couldn't...Keep that promise.

Why the hell did Mr.Careless have to be so...innocent looking and...cute? There was no way someone like him should be involved with me. We are the complete opposites, in a bad way.

By the way, why did Mrs.Earon choose me to tutor him? Wasn't there at least one student in his class who was smart enough to tutor him themselves?

I let out a sigh of frustration and walked to the library to check if Blondie was there.I sort of wished she wasn't. I couldn't handle her twenty questions right now. I needed mental preparation.

When I walked inside the library, I saw she wasn't there and let out a silent cheer of joy.

I got into my car and sat In the seat for a while, of course, thinking about the incident that happened a few minutes ago.

I felt like an asshole for leaving and putting him down like that but I knew I did the right thing. I know there was no chance of him liking me, I was just concerned about me liking him. I couldn't even take my eyes off him! But hopefully, he thought I kept looking at him because I found him unattractive or something.

I turned the key in the ignition, the kid's brown, puppy eyes was now burned into my mind.

-----------------------

After I snuck in and out of my house to get myself a change of clothes, I drove to Blondie's house.

I unlocked the front door with the spare key she gave me a few years ago, and walked in.

As I kicked off my shoes, I heard a loud thud from upstairs and sprinted up the stairs, dropping my backpack.

When I got to the second floor, I heard....laughter. I opened her door and saw her literally rolling around the floor laughing.

"You Idiot! What the hell are you doing?!" I barked at her,making her stop laughing.

She looked up at me and giggled as she stood up.

"Why are you yelling? And why are you here already? I thought you had to tutor the 10th grader."

I then noticed there was a comic book in her hands.

"I didn't feel like it." I shrugged. I knew she would be on my case so I quickly changed the subject. "So what is that comic about?" I asked, knowing it would be most likely yaoi.

A bright smile appeared on her face.

"It's called MANGA. And...Well It's about this powerful, beautiful Duras, which is a demon, Luka who fell in love with this girl Yuki,"

'Whoa, what? It's a STRAIGHT MANGA?

"...but she died and was reborn as a man..."

'Ah, ok'

"and then....wait! Don't change the subject!"

'Fuck'
"Why didn't you tutor him?"

'I knew there was no point lying since she could see right through me.'

"I-I honestly planned to tutor  Mr.Careless but..."

The kid's face suddenly appeared in my mind again as I almost lost track of what I was saying.

"Um...I met him and I decided one of his classmate should tutor him-"

"How cute he is?" she asked seriously, her arms crossing over her chest which caught me off guard.

"Why the hell does that matter?"

"Don't play dumb with me!" she warned sharply. "You don't want this is because you are afraid of liking him and you think if you like him, you'll hurt him. Plus you gave him a nickname! We both know you only give nicknames to people you care about.  You're obviously....drawn to the kid so how cute do you think he is?"

I rolled my eyes. "That doesn't matter."

"I won't tell you what I was laughing about until you tell me how cute he was."

I let out a sigh of defeat.

 "Very. Now what were you laughing about?"

"Awe!!! Oh and in the manga,Yuki, Luka and Hotsuma were fighting Duras then suddenly, Hotsuma said 'master stroke'!"

She fell into a fit of laughter again.

I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

'I'm starting to think yaoi fan girls are perverts.'

---------

 (The next day when Eric showed up at the library.)

"I'm not going to move." I faked a snorted laugh "There would be no point. I'd be in the same room with you either way. Shut up and keep studying."

I snapped and surprisingly, he did what he was told.

I looked at the medical book but couldn't read the page I was now on. I didn't know how much longer I could keep this up? I lied three times. About not writing the notes for him, the reason why I was in the library and how I sat beside him because there were no more seats left. I offered him my help and acted like I didn't want to.

I usually treated people this way without any trouble so why does acting this way towards him felt exhausting?

"What?" he whispered, which made me realize I was staring at him.

I needed a cover quick! Um....

"You have something on your face."

He raised his hand up to his face.

"Where?" he asked, tilting his head to the side, making him look more cute.

Crap, I couldn't stay here anymore. I REALLY needed to leave!

"There," I said, placing my fingers on his cheek.There was actually nothing there so why....?

 When I realized I left them there for way too long, I panicked and blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"It says "Idiot"

Before he could react, I retrieved my hand and got up, put the book back and walked out of the library.

The was the LAMEST insult I've ever said!

-----

next chapter, Noah and Dustin's friendship will begin to develop