~Chapter Eight~

(Noah's P.O.V)

I squeezed a quarter-sized amount of gel on the palm of my hand, spreading It all over both of my hands and placed It In my hair.

I hadn't been out with out with a friend for a while so I wanted to look my best. No...that was an excuse. The truth was,this was my first time out with a boy I liked.

Yes, I Noah Chambers, had a crush on Dustin Pebbles. I didn't want to like him though. Not that he was a bad influence or one of the worst people to like, I just didn't want to embarrass him someone knew he was being liked...by someone like me, It'd ruin his reputation. Not only would I embarrass him but my friendship would be over. No straight guy would be friends with a gay guy. Wouldn't It be weird for the straight guy?

I confirmed I had a crush on Dustin...an hour ago. Yesterday, I didn't sleep a wink because I was too excited. After I had a sleepless night, I thought over my feelings for him. My heart felt funny whenever I was around him, my heart would race when he puts his arm around me or sat close to me and I felt nervous whenever I spoke to him face to face or texted him.

Either way, my point was that I couldn't let him find out my feelings for him. I had to bury them in my heart.

Now that I had thought about It, I used to have a crush on Oliver but it passed. I had liked two guys I could never be with. I wish they were gay so I could love them to other guys instead of girls.

I put the gel on my bangs and made it stood up.

Nah..

I quickly washed it out and stared into the mirror some more.

I had never did my hair, let alone gelled it. I just let it naturally stay messy. I had only combed it on special occasions.

I let out a sign of exhaustion. Not only did I not sleep at all but I had spent the last couple of hours trying to fix my appearance. I picked out an outfit after a few times but my hair is so...ugh! I knew it was decent looking enough but I wanted It to be perfect now. Just once...Is this what people go through on the first date?

A face of a male character from my favorite t.v show appeared in my mind.

I took the gel and took small handfuls of hair and made them stuck up.After I did my whole head, I examined myself in the mirror. It looked kind of weird...

"Noah! Dustin is here!" my mom called form downstairs. I almost felt my heart stop. I couldn't keep him waiting but I looked so....

"Noah!"

"I'm coming!" I shouted. Panicking, I quickly wet the front of my hair but...

THAT MADE IT WORSE.

I heard footsteps come up the stairs.

"Mom! I said I'm-"

"You ok?" the bathroom door opened, only to reveal Dustin on the other side.

I jumped out of my skin then put my head down,trying to cover the front of my hair.

"You're putting gel in your hair!" he snickered, making my face go hot.

This was so embarrassing.

"Wet your head, get a towel and I'll fix your hair." he smiled at me.

Too happy/confused to say anything, I did what he told me to do. I was about to dry my hair until he gestured for me to hand over the towel to him. Ok...

I tossed the towel to him and he motioned me to sit on the counter. What was he doing?

I mentally shrugged then sat on the counter.