chapter thirty-four

I wanted this chapter to be better but I start school again tomorrow so this chapter is a bit rushed and a little choppy

--------------------

(Noah's p.o.v)

The picnic that Eric and i had a couple of days ago was so awkward. We barely said a word to each other and just ate the food. We'd both try to start a conversation but it'd quickly die down. I thought that after Eric gave me a heart shaped watermelon, things would get better, but it didn't. I guess I had myself to blame. I really hurt him and it would take a lot for things to get back to normal between us.r.

Eric was finally over at my grandpa's place and almost immediately, my grandpa was nothing but nice to him. Anita on the other hand didn't really say much, except "hi" but that was fine with me.

I've told Eric beforehand that she won't say much and the family, including myself, didn't like her. He just said okay and didn't ask any questions.

Now we were all at the table, having a big dinner. Grandpa was overexcited to meet him and made too much food.

Nobody sat beside each other. We were all sitting at each side of the table. I was sitting in front of grandpa and eric was sitting on the right side of the table.

"So,Eric, mind telling me how you met Noah?"

Things were still a little tense between Eric and I so I just stayed out of it, and just let grandpa and Eric do all the talking.

I heard Eric say

"I was his tutor. He had trouble with a few of his subjects so I helped him study and got him organized. "

Unexpectly, Anita jumped in

"A few? Isn't there like 4 subjects per semester? Does that mean he needed help on ALL of the subjects?"

I looked up from my food and gave her a dirty look. Out of all of the times she chooses not to speak, she decides to say something now? I should've told her that Eric and I were gay, she probably wouldn't even be here now.

"Honey-" my grandpa started but Eric cut in.

"Everyone has trouble with school now a days. There's nothing wrong with getting help. Besides, he'll stay in school and go to college. He's absolutely perfect."

I felt my face flushed and I looked at Anita. She looked uncomfortable. My cheeks tugged a smile. Did she get the hint now?

There was a little silence before grandpa spoke again, turning towards me.

"That's great, Noah, I'm proud of you."

His eyes flickered back to Eric.

"So, how's your family doing? Do you have any siblings?"

I felt my body tense up and I looked at Eric. However, his facial expression didn't change.

"They're good. I'm an only child but I have this friend who is like a sister to me. She's weird, gives me grief sometimes but I love her anyways. "

I let out a sigh of relief but then grandpa asked another question, making my heart almost stop.

"So, what do your parents do?"

Without thinking, I kicked grandpa under the table. He jumped, and looked at me with surprise. I briefly shook my head side to side and then glanced at Eric.

He looked at me with tender eyes and turned to grandpa.

"My father was a mechanic and my mother was a Gardner. " he smiled.