~Chapter Twenty-

(Noah's P.o.v)

"Done!" I declared, putting my pencil down and spun around, leaning back on my chair and stretching my arms out.

Eric, who was laying on my bed and reading some novel by Stephen King, got up and walked towards me. He rested his hands on my desk, looking at my paper and was mentally marking my test, counting up my score(don't ask me how he did that).

Since I was having most difficulty with Geography, he looked over my Geography notes, my text book and created a test that took me...oh I don't know...an HOUR. Well....big tests usually took that long to write so It was fine.

I knew it'll take a few minutes so I got up and grabbed my Ipod and started listening to music. I left out one ear phone so I could hear him when he tells me my score.

When I was half way through a song, he said my score.

" 43/77 so that's 55 percent."

I suddenly felt my face turn red. I usually didn't care when someone told me I had a low mark but since it was Eric, and he helped me alot, I felt really embarrassed and disappointed.

'Wow, I must be really stupid to get a mark like that when I'm being tutored by a genius.'

"Noah," he called gently. "come here and tell me where you're having trouble."

'He's probably being nice because he knows that I'm disappointed In myself.'

I walked towards him and sat in my chair, turning off my ipod and put it in my pocket I let out a sigh and when I was about to tell him where I was having trouble, he spoke.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. I've barely helped you in Geography and that's my fault. Besides I took  marks off because you didn't answer in complete sentences. So If you only did that, you'd get 50/77 which is like..."  he thought for a moment then said "64 or 65 percent. You did well."

I shook my head.

"'But I did this last year as well, the fact I'm re-doing this course and still not understanding it is very embarrassing."  I told him truthfully.

"Well, you must had some bad teachers then. Anyways you're going to pass this course, okay? I'm not going to let you fail." he smiled at me.

Just because he said that, I believed I wasn't stupid anymore and that I was going to pass this course.

'How did he do that?'

"Okay!" I beamed then I told him where I had problems. He grabbed my notes and explained thoroughly. He allowed me to study for a bit then re-made the test, only containing the questions I got wrong and didn't write in complete sentences.

I did the test and Eric laid down on my bed and went back to reading the novel. I was done in about 40 minutes and Eric checked It. This time, I stayed in my chair, not bothering to take out my IPod.

'Please get a better mark, please get a better mark.' I pleaded in my head.

Without a word, Eric walked away. And my heart nearly dropped.

'D-did I get a lower mark then before even though this one had less questions than the last one?'

"Noah, come here."

I couldn't tell If he was upset with me or not but I decided to get up anyways. I walked to my bed which he was sitting on, and he motioned me to have a seat beside him.

'Yeah, I defintely got a very low mark. He was mad at me.'

I sat beside him, my eyes staring at my lap.