~Chapter Three~

(Noah P.O.V)

I was sitting at my desk, I tapped my foot in a rhythmic beat getting impatient yet nervous.

I was anxious to meet my tutor but at the same time, I was worried about how he was going to treat me. I knew tutors were nice but since I had never been tutored by a senior before, I had no idea how he was going to be like or how he was going to treat me. Since he was one of the smartest guys in school, all i imagined was a nerdy, buck toothed guy who wore glasses and a tie.

Yeah, i needed to stop using stereotypes. But again,i haven't met him yet so i better keep my mind open to how he was going to be.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon." Mrs.Earon said, breaking the silence and stopping the tapping of my feet." He's a very responsible student so I know he didn't forget. If he doesn't show, something must've happened like an emergency. I hope that didn't happen."

So...If he was resonsible, did that mean he was a nice person? No....can rude people be responsible too? Ugh! I don't know!

'Stop thinking so much and just wait!' I scolded myself.

As I waited, the ticking of the clock became louder and louder.

"I-I don't think he will show up." I said another five minutes later.

I got up from my seat and grabbed my bag, slinging the strap over my shoulder. "Thank you anyways Mrs.Earon. I can do the worksheets by myself." My voice cracked. Why did I even think someone would give up their spare time to spend time helping me without being paid?

I grabbed the orange juice and walked to the door, chugging the juice down, closing my eyes. When I brought down the drink from my mouth, I bumped into a wall.

A pair of hands grabbed both my upper arms to keep me balanced

"Hey," the wall said. Wait,huh?

I opened my eyes and all I saw was a green DO'C vest. I looked up and all i saw was the person's chin.

"S-sor-"

"look ahead,moron." the person huffed as he let me go and brushed passed me.

What the-?

"Sorry I'm late. I had to take care of something first. So, what 'lucky' kid do I have to tutor? Please don't tell me it's Mr.Careless over there." he motioned to me.

I had no idea what to say or how to act. Talk about bad first impressions! Why the hell was he so obnoxious for?!

Mrs.Earon got up from her desk without answering his question and motioned him to follow her.

We now stood in front of each other.

"Noah, meet Eric Stevens. He has last period off so he'll help you in the library."

My eyes examined the person who stood in front of me. There was no point denying that his face as well-structured, flawless and had a nice complexion. His eyes, however, didn't look like they were from this world. I've seen a few people with grey eyes but his eyes could pierce through your soul, like it could see through everything. They were also mysterious yet had hints of sadness in them. His brown,curly hair was short and didn't touch his forehead at all. The way that he stood, showed he had an emotional weight on his shoulders.

Or maybe he just didn't want to be here.

"Do you two want to get started now?" She asked and I was way too busy examining Eric that I almost didn't hear her.

I nodded and his eyes scanned me up and down, up and down.

What was he doing?

"No."