4 : Namjin : Wrong number (Part one)

(smut next chapter)

time was passing slowly during class. english was namjoon's forte, so he usually didn't pay any attention during class, already knowing all that was being taught. he was going to go to a grammar school later on anyway, he just had to graduate, in a few years' time.

he was watching old video's on his laptop, giggling every time somebody fell over or a filter was added. he was looking through his video file and found some from his hard-drive at home, which had some video's on there from when him and his friends were toddlers. he clicked on the video, watching as him and his friends ran up and down the garden, throwing buckets full of water onto each other. he laughed as him and his friends screamed and giggled, and then watched as his mother, who was filming, got drenched as well.

"kim namjoon. switch off the video and start working, please," the teacher commented from behind him, startling him and making him swear, clicking off the video. the class laughed at him. he switched onto the right thing, working away until he had completed all the work, five minutes early. the teacher signalled the end of class, and they all began to stand up and walk away.

namjoon was seventeen and would be graduating next year with his class of 2011. he was rather bright, and always had been, scoring above everybody in every year of school. but he didn't look like the nerdy description he had been given, as he was muscular and had a chiselled face. but, he was gay. and if the cohort found out his life would be ruined.

"ah, namjoon," the teacher called to him, namjoon turning on his heels to face the teacher, "a word, please." namjoon strolled to the teachers desk, where she was shuffling papers and marking. "now, there is a student in my other class who is, for the lack of a better word, failing," she said, looking at namjoon. he had a hunch of what she was going to say, "and i would like you to tutor him." namjoon nodded slowly, thinking.

"i can do that," he said, the teacher clapping her hands softly.

"great! i'm sure you know him, kim seokjin?"

namjoon's mouth went dry. he couldn't breathe. of course he was going to be tutoring his crush. of-fucking-course.

"have fun!" she said, swinging behind the door and shutting it, leaving namjoon empty in the classroom.

"come on, namjoon. get a grip," he muttered to himself, walking out into the schoolyard, where his friends were sitting across from his classroom. he walked to his group and sat down, yoongi and hoseok talking about something, jungkook snickering as he placed cat ears on top of yoongi, earning him a famous death glare. jungkook started laughing his ass off.

"h-hey joonie!" he said, namjoon snickering as he looked at yoongi. he rolled his eyes and curled up in hoseok's lap, snoozing.

"where did you even get that from, jungkook?" he said, jungkook rolling his eyes.

"just from some seventh grader, i asked her for it and she blushed and said 'sure'. i have a charm, you know," he said, flicking his imaginary long hair, mean girls style. namjoon laughed and sat down.

"breaking news; namjoon has to tutor jin-hyung!" hoseok announced, namjoon choking on his first bite of sandwich. he coughed and glared at hoseok.

"how did you know?"

"your teacher is my aunt. mrs jung?" he said, namjoon smacking his head. for the smartest kid in school, he was sometimes quite thick. jungkook laughed at him, but soon quieted down. and namjoon could only guess why.

jimin was walking past, with his boyfriend of three weeks, taehyung. jungkook had dated jimin for four years before he found out that jimin had been cheating on him with taehyung. jungkook was the talk of the grade; there wasn't a single soul that hadn't heard the news. namjoon dreaded that the situation could happen to him one day. he took one last look at jungkook before turning his head to hoseok.

"hey, you have jin-hyung's number, right?" he asked, hoseok nodding.

"despite him moving to a different dance school, i still have his number, yes," hoseok said, pulling out his phone and flicking through the contacts, landing on one called 'washboard abs', making namjoon roll his eyes. hoseok then took namjoon's phone, making him yell in dispute, but hoseok ignored him, putting his number in and saving the contact. he put his phone in his pocket before returning his gaze to jungkook.

"hey," namjoon said, ruffling jungkook's hair, "you'll be okay. i promise," he said, walking away. he felt his phone ring. he pulled it out, yelling at the name.

"hoseok!" he bellowed, looking at the name. it read 'thicc hyung', which could only be jin. he answered, nervous.

"h-hello?" he asked. the line was silent for a second before jin's voice came through. it was quiet, broken, not like his own.

"h...hi. is this the suicide hotline?"