Chapter 22

People around me screech and duck under the small desks. I give the dude a bored look and stand up, stretching. What person is stupid enough to try holding a school full of vampires hostage?

"You! On the ground now!" the man orders in a gruff voice. I raise an eyebrow and take a step forward, elongating my fangs. His eyes widen considerably and he swears under his breath. Some people stand up, hissing at the man as he slowly backs out of the room. Maybe I am a decent leader. Hmm. I hear three gun shot and my gaze snaps to the ginger girl from earlier. Her green eyes widen as she looks down and gently places her hand over the blood pouring out of her stomach. The man runs out of the room and I growl. Where the hell is everyone when you need them?

"Go after him! You two, help me with here! Anyone else, get help," I order as people start panicking. The three vampire dudes nod before zipping out of the room. The ginger girl falls and a guy that I told to help catches her. His eyes flash a yellow color before getting back to a blue. He looks around at us and growls.

"Don't just stand there! Get some effing help for my mate!" He roars. Whoa. What's with all these mates? People scurry out to get people and I kneel next to the girl who's green eyes start drooping.

"Don't vampires all have powers? Can't you heal her?" I ask as I can hear her heart rate dropping.

"I can't heal people, I can give people hallucinations," the dude rushes as he takes the girl's head into his lap. He looks up at me.

"Can you do anything? Please help her," he begs quietly. This guy is already love-struck. I feel a knot form in my throat as the guy starts crying. I'm not saying that guys that cry are wimps, but I've never seen a guy cry. I have to do something. I scoot closer and the thick red blood stains the floor. I lightly place my hands over her stomach and the warm blood envolopes my hands. I have to save her. I can't let her die. I can't stand the thought.

"Come on, keep your eyes open," I prod as her eyes start drooping down.

"What's your name?" I ask as I run my fingers over her wounds. I should have a power, I just hope it's healing, I have to tap into it.

"S-spencer," she whispers softly.

"Spencer," the guy tests as he stares at her intently. I feel something turn inside of me. No, I didn't get butterflies from seeing the two. Maybe it was the breakfast of eggs. Before I can analyze this feeling any further, a bright, blinding light sparks through my fingers and the guy shoots back as well as some books and desks. The door slams shut as people start running up to it, trying to get in. I can feel the energy getting sucked out of me as the light glows brighter and Spencer's eyes suddenly snap wide open. The light suddenly disappears and things fall froom their position against the wall. I look down at Spencer to find her limp. Her heart rate returns to normal and she breaths normally. People burst into the room and Xavier rushes into my side, pulling my up into a monster hug.

"I'm....Ok," I choke as my bones are crushed. He lightens his grip on me and pulls me to arms length.

"How did you do that?" he asks as he glances down at the unconcious, but injury free, Spencer. I shrug in responce and yawn. I'm tired. I slump against Xavier and sigh. I let out a loud yawn as people crowd around Spencer and her mate hisses at any male that touches her.

"I'm tired," I groan, feeling my vision blur.

Spencer's POV (before class)

"Move freak," Jasmine snears at me. I conciously move to the side of the hallway and pat down my hair. I don't get why she bullies me, she's a grade above me. I bump into someone and fall on my bum. I keep my head down and start gathering my papers that splay out on the ground. People pass by and tramble the papers as well as my hands.

"Watch where you're going," a familiar voice snarls. I look up and meet... golden eyes? Why must my parent enroll me in a supernatural school? Sure there are some humans, like me, but a majority of the school contains vampires and werewolves. He'll probably suck me dry for touching him at all.

"Sorry," I whisper in false sincerity. He sneers before walking away. Jasmine marches back up to me in her heels and pulls me up harshly by my arm.

"Listen, stay away from him, slut," she hisses, digging her sharp nails into my skin. I hold back a glare and nod quietly. She throws my arm away forcfully and I pick up my remaining papers. I grab my stuff and start jogging to class as the warning bell rings. I rush into my seat as the bell rings and a girl I've seen a few times in the hall enters the room. The teacher says a few things about her being the assistant and such. Jordan, the senior assistant, hands out text books and smiles at me, something I don't get often. I shyly smile back and feel someone staring at me. I swift turn around and see the same person I bumped into in the hallway. Jasmine's words ring in my head and I whip my head back to the front. The door slams open and a man in black holds out a gun.

"GET ON THE GROUND NOW!" he demands. I quickly manueaver to sit under my desk and face the back of the classroom where Jordan stands up and hisses at the man, her fangs elongating.

She's a vampire?

A/N

Shmello! I'm superbly sorry for not updating in such a long time! I had my cousins coming over and school with finals, not because I failed algebra, but because I want to get into honors. I'll update asap.

Goals:

1,500 votes?

54,250 reads? or 1.5 million, either works

5 comments on the chapter?

Shanks for the 54k reads, and for the 1,400 votes ^.^

So....

Spencer is to the side ======================================>

Byezz

~Anonymous

=)