Chapter 46

I silently sip my lime ice bomb silently as I glance around the old fashion diner, avoiding the burning gaze of the stranger, aka Cameron, that sits across from me. In these sort of moments, when I'm focused on not being focused, I tend to realize small things, and I remember I'm a vampire. I haven't had blood in quite a while, but I feel completely fine. I look down at the seat, brushing my hand over the worn faux leather.

"So, do you work, mystery girl?" Cameron asks, taking a swig of his coke. My eyes automatically shift to him.

"Pepsi is better than coke," I state, ignoring his question. He shakes his head in a 'no' motion and sips at his coke.

"One order of mash potatoes with Mac n cheese and one order of tater burger with hash browns, call me over if you need anything dearies," Daphne calls before heading back to the register. I silently pick up a fork and scoop the cheesy goodness into my mouth. Between the time that it took for the food to get here and the time at which I arrived here, I have removed a countless number of bobby pins from my hair and tied it up into a completely horrid bun. I tuck back a few stray pieces of my curly hair as they come loose. I glance away from my delicious food and examine the french fries and mash potatoes that are weaved between two toasted buns. So that's a tater burger. This guy sure likes his potatoes.

"May I know your name? It would only be fair since you know mine due to Daphne," Cameron requests after swallowing a bite of his burger.

"Jordan," I answer, after pondering over whether or not I should tell him. Dang it, I should have given a fake name.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ms.Jordan," he jokes, cracking a smile out of me. We continue eating in silence, a few words being spoken every now and then.

"You know, we have a waitress opening here," Daphne comments," $12 an hour, Charlie is a generous fellow who'll retire soon, and you get to keep your tips."

It's that one moment that determines how I want to handle my relationship issues. Maybe... Maybe it would be good to take up this job. I must've had a certain look on my face, because the next thing I know, an application is placed in front of me along with a pen.

"I, um, don't have any experience," I mutter," unless you count volunteering at school event."

"It's fine, little lady, just fill out your sizes, name, contact information, and address," Daphne replies, shooting me a smile. I pick up the black pen and fill out the information that I could, putting down the address of my house, not the palace. As soon as I finish, Daphne sweeps over, looking over a few things and leaving with a flourish.

"So I guess I'll be seeing you a ton then," Cameron grins mischievously.

"Eh," I shrug, sipping at the rest of my wonderful drink and looking at my watch. No one seems to wear watches nowadays. I should get going soon. I still have the keys to my house.

"You're in, come in tomorrow at 7 if you can, I'll teach you the ropes then," Daphne grins. This place is extremely informal, I adore it.

"Got it, 7, and I better get going, what's the charge?" I comply as I stand up, riffling through my clutch. Thank the Oreo Lord Jenna placed whatever was in my previous wallet into the bag, including the house keys.

"I'm paying," Cameron insists, standing up and looking through his wallet. I shoot him a death glare and push his shoulder, catching him off guard and causing him to stumble into the booth.

"How much was it for the both of us Daphne?" I quickly ask. Grinning profusely, she answers.

"$27.86," she answers. Holy fudge that's a great price, especially for this delicious food. I present her with two twenties, since I lack tens, and it's snatched from my hands. Cameron raises my money way above my head and I scowl.

"I'm not letting you pay," Cameron sings as he takes out money from his wallet. Time to take things into my own hands. I climb up onto the bench of the booth and jump onto Cameron's back, reaching for the money with one hand while wrapping the other around his neck to stabilize myself.

"Give. Me. The. Money," I demand as I continue to reach for his hand that's still a little too far for me to reach. A few people turn around and notice us, causing small chatter between the few people there, causing me to turn a vibrant red.

"Nope," he responds, handing his money to Daphne and shooing her off to the register.

"I hate you."

"You do realize you're wearing a fairly short dress right now, right?"

I jump off of his back and back onto the bench of the booth. Cameron brings his hand back down, handing me my money, but I do not take it.

"Tis my payment to you, for the food," I speak as his face twists in confusion.

"No, you're taking your money back," he demands.

"Can't make me, bye stranger," I hum, grabbing my heels from off of the floor and slipping them on. It's already around 9 and it's dark out. I start making my way outside and almost trip on thin air, but catch myself.

"Hey! Wait!" Cameron yells after me as I open the front door and shuffle my way outside.

"Yeah?" I question when Cameron stands next to me. I need to get a taxi.

"Do you have a ride home?"

"No-"

"Good, I'll give you one, come on," he says, cutting me off and grabbing my upper arm to drag me to a parking lot. What if he really is a closet rapist? Am I going to die? Fudge, I knew I shouldn't have worn heels. I can't escape with flipping heels on. We approach a rusty old truck that once was entirely a dark green, judging by the parts of the car that were untouched. It has a vintage look to it, like it would belong to my grandfather or someone of that age. He unlocks the doors and climbs into the drivers seat after pulling the passenger seat door open for me.

"And they say chivalry is dead," I sarcastically state once I've hoisted myself into the vehicle and closed the door. He gives me a cheeky grin that just forces me to smile back. And that is the moment that I noticed a person angrily marching towards the truck with violently crimson eyes.

A/N

SHMELLO ALL

WE ARE SO EXCRUTIATINGLY CLOSE TO 1.5 MILLION THAT I CANNOT HANDLE IT

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF CAMERON? YAY OR NEIGH?

I HAVE HAD A BEAUTIFUL WEEK

HOW ABOUT YOU OREOS?

THE QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER IS:

WHAT WAS THE LAST LIE YOU TOLD?

or

WHAT IS YOUR BLOOD TYPE?

I don't know mine v.v

But if my mum is AB and my dad is O, I'm either A or B

I must sleep for a bit tonight

Have a wonderful life my little oreos

Byezz

~Anonymous

=)