Chapter 5

Sora's POV:

I rush down the street as my brown hair whips at my face. I pull my hood closer and push my hands into my pockets. I lost Jenna a while ago when she bumped into a guy on the way out of the palace. I push myself against the wall as a guard passes me. Thank the dark angels I have no scent. I turn the corner and slide against the wall, holding my katana tightly. I'm a dark angel. I'm still Jordan and Jenna's friend, I love them both. They just don't know what I am. I crouch behind a bush as a blood sucker passes me. How stupid can these people be? I shed my jacket and run across the yard, to the servant’s quarters. I push open the doors to the abandoned shed. I scan the old, dusty room. I walk around, my boots make a clack with every step. I stop as I see a picture frame. I pick it up and wipe away the dust. I gaze at the little girl that has a grin with her two front teeth missing. Next to her are two older boys that I assume are her brothers. I then look at the older woman and man. They look so happy. I remember them. I was that girl.

Flashback

"Mommy! I found one!" A four-year-old me exclaims, hugging onto my mother's leg. I held up the small pink rose and mom took it from my tiny hand and pushed it behind my ear.

"Beautiful," she comments, kissing my forehead. I run back to the playground with a wide grin on my face. I rush to the slides and wait in the long line. I twirl around in my purple sundress as I hum to myself. The line gets shorter and I step forward when I feel a tug on my hair. I turn to face a boy that's at least six. He holds up my pink rose.

"Hey! Give that back!" I whine, jumping to try and get it. Too bad that I'm really short. Suddenly, my oldest brother, Ichirou appears besides me.

"What did he do Sora?" he asks me, narrowing his eyes at the boy in front of me.

"He took my rose!" I complain, pointing to the tiny pink rose.

"Can I please have that back?" Ichirou asks impatiently. He is seven.

"No," the boy answers with an evil grin. His teeth shine white and some look really big.

"Just give me the rose!" Ichirou commands, plucking the rose from the boys hand. The boy's eyes suddenly turn red and he hisses at Ichirou. His canines extend and Ichirou goes pale. Everything happened in slow motion. The boy bit Ichirou's neck and grabbed my wrist tightly. I pulled and pulled as other kids fell limp from other kids biting them. I pull as Ichirou's lifeless body falls to the ground. Tears gather in my large eyes as I stare into his lifeless ones. The little pink rose lays crushed in his hand.

"Let me go!" I cry as I look around. Where are mom and dad? A sweep of mom's dark hair catches my eye and I see three pale bodies.

"Mommy! Daddy! Ryouta!" I screech, trying to run from the boy and to the people who were my parents and my older brother.

"You're coming with us," a dark voice says. I look up into the cold eyes of the boy. I stare at him blankly, letting the water gather in my brown eyes as other kids surround us with crimson red blood lining their mouths.

End of Flashback

I shake the thought from my mind and search around the walls. I push against the rotting wooden panels. I freeze as I hear footsteps near the abandoned and hidden cabin. I grip my katana tightly and position it in front of me. The door slowly creaks open and a tall guy walks into the room. He looks about my age. He doesn't see me yet and slowly looks over the dimly lit room. Once his brown eyes meet mine, he freezes.

"What's your name?" he asks in a serious tone. I scoff, as if I'm actually going to tell him my name. Maybe I will.

"Sora," I answer curtly, tightening my grip on the katana. The light from the door gleams off the silver surface.

"I, Kyou, reject you, Sora," the guy, Kyou, states in a monotone.

"Okay?" I question. What does he mean?

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here," Kyou says in a monotone again. What's with this guy?

"I'm here with Jordan, Prince Xavier's mate," I state. I feel terrible. I have to kill Xavier, it would give a huge blow to the vampire population. He wasn't alive when we were attacked in 1965. I died here and became a dark angel.

"Oh, you should be in the palace," Kyou mumbles.

"What is your problem?" I ask, annoyed. What was I rejected for?

"You’re my mate, that's the problem," he growls lowly. Oh.

"Oh," I mutter. What do you expect me to say? ‘Hi! Nice to meet my mate whose prince I'm going to kill! You shouldn't reject me! I can kill you easily!’ I'm not going to say that.

"Let's head back to the castle," I sigh and nod. I have to save my energy for fighting Xavier. I follow Kyou through the yard and see multiple guards bow their heads in respect.

"Commander, there have been riots of werewolves in the east," a guard says, approaching Kyou. Wait, Commander? I'm in deep chiz. Kyou and the guard must be using a mind link to talk. I wait and tap my foot as the idiots in front of me stare at each other. We finally start walking again and walk in on Jordan and Xavier with Jenna and a blonde guy in the front yard.

"Sora!" Jenna chimes. I look at Xavier's older brother, Zach. He gazes at Jenna with love. I groan internally. I have to kill both of them and hurt both of my friends

I'm in some deeeeeppp crud.

A/N

I actually know SoraRose8822 in real life and she has been bugging my nonstop to update.

Please keep reading!

I admire you all!

Goal:

3 Comments

4 Votes

45 reads?

This is one fo my shorter chapter, I apologize and I'll make the next chapter longer

Yeah, ok! I'm slightly upset about only having one comment last chapter instead of the requested six, but I'll keep updating.

Prince Zach to the side ============================>

HByezz

~Anonymous

=)