Chapter 2

I freeze as he kissed me and immediately pull away. Freaking Oreos! He looks hurt for a moment before shrugging it off.

"I should call my parents," I say, cutting through the thick tension in the room. He nods and hands me his phone. I quickly dial home and mum pick up.

"Hello, Anderson residence, how may I help you?" mum chirps.

"Mum, it's me," I inform her.

"Oh, Jordan, what do you want?" mum snarls. Why is she always so mad at me?

"I, um, found my mate?" I tell her, making it sound like a question.

"Really?" she chirps again," what ranking is he?" she asks. That's why she's so happy.

"He's, erm," I start before being interrupted by Xander. He takes the phone and holds it to his ear.

"Hello, Mrs. Anderson. Yes, I'm Prince Xander, Jordan's mate and I would like to inform you that you and your family will not be joining her at the rank of princess," Xander smirks. I lean onto his shoulder, listening to my mum.

"Oh! Prince Xander, should your parents, the king and queen, be deciding on whether or not we are worth of living in the palace with Jordan and you," Mum chastise. You can almost hear the smirk on her lips. Xander grumbles under his breath and clears his throat.

"I guess the decision will be made when you arrive at the palace for dinner in an hours’ time," Xander sighs. I hear mum squeal on the other side of the phone and they say their goodbyes. Xander slips the phone back into his jean pocket and looks out the window, ignoring me. After a couple of minutes, I get annoyed.

"Hey! Xan! Yes, you! Hello?" I start to speak. He grumbles and finally faces me with a pout.

"What?" he grumbles.

"What's up your arse?" I ask.

"Why didn't you kiss me back?" he asks suddenly.

"That's why you've turned into a five year old?" I ask. 

"I am not a five year old!" he defends.

"Could have fooled me," I reply. He shuts up and looks at me intensely, waiting for me to answer his question.

"Why didn't you kiss me back?" he asks again after not getting a response. I feel heat creep into my cheeks at the question.

"I, um, haveneverkissedanyonebefore," I rush out. He looks at me intently before he deciphers my jumble of words. His frown suddenly breaks out into a huge grin. I'm afraid that his face may freeze.

"I was your first kiss," he teases. I nod and look down in my lap. What happened to the confident Jordan?

"That is great," he grins. I look back to him.

"How so?" I ask.

"You're so innocent, love," he smirks. I slap him on the arm.

"Shut up you oaf," I grumble, turning my back to him and looking out the window. Let's see how he likes the silent treatment. After a couple of minutes of Xander whining for me to face him or to talk, I am suddenly lifted into his lap. I squeak at the sudden movement. He chuckles from behind me. I squirm, trying to get off of his lap. He suddenly stiffens and his warm breath unexpectedly hits my ear.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, love," he says huskily in my ear.

"What-" I stop once I feel something poking me.

I blush furiously and slip off of his lap. When are we getting off? The limo stops. Thank Oreos. I head to the door when it's suddenly opened. Xander smirks down at me and offers me his hand. I smirk and get out of the car, avoiding his hand. He frowns, but still leads me to the palace. I've been here once before on a class field trip. We walk up to the guards. They have on poker faces. I start making a bunch of ugly faces from behind Xander. A younger guard's lip twitches upward slightly as I puff up my cheeks and cross my eyes. I smirks at him as Xander faces me. His gaze follows mine and he instantly has the guard up against the wall.