Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The first person to run towards me was Liam. He had been so worried, and clearly he still was.

"Have you gotten any sleep Liam? You look terrible."

"Hello to you too Annie." 

I laughed at him. "Seriously. You need sleep."

"I've tried, believe me. It's hard."

"Liam, I'm okay. I told you that! Everyone needs to stop worrying about me. I'm fine. I have injured ribs, and a minor concussion. I'm not dying!"

They all looked at me like I was dying. Even though I know I wasn't.

"Annie, we need to talk to you." Harry walked over and sat beside me. Liam was sitting on the floor in front of me. Louis and Zayn walked over to the two chairs on the other side of the room and Niall and Lizzie walked over to the couch.

"Why does everyone look like someone died?"

"Annie, I don't think you heard the doctor when he said you aren't allowed to go to your prom. You have a concussion, you have finals in a few weeks and graduation. Everything is going to be very hectic around here, and it's not going to be good for you. I think it's best if you take the rest of the year off, and do Summer school." Harry said to me.

I was stunned. Shocked even. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"NO. I am not doing Summer school. I heard the doctor fine, I'm okay with not going to prom. I have to take my finals, I won't graduate. I need to walk across the stage and except my diploma. I have been through so much this year, I have to come out strong. Doing summer school is not coming out strong. It's the easy way out." I screamed. I was so mad with what they were saying.

"Annie, I don't think you understand. You can change your grades if you don't do well with your finals. You might not get into college." Even Zayn believed them.

"And I don't think you guys understand. I AM NOT DOING SUMMER SCHOOL. I have to do my finals."

"Annie, just listen to us." Liam tried to calm me down.

"Liam! No! I am not doing it. I can handle it. I'm a lot smarter than you think I am."

"We no you're strong Ans, it's just that you will get frustrated really easily, and you won't be able to handle it." Lizzie spoke. I couldn't believe that she was on their side too.

"You're on their side Lizzie?! You know how strong I am. I can handle anything."

"We know you're strong, but I think this is for the best." Niall tried saying.

"No."

"Annie, yes." Liam again tried to calm me down.

"In case you forgot, I can handle anything. My mom died, Liam broke my heart, and Lizzie left me all within a month. I can handle anything life throws at me. Including this." I stood up and slowly made my way to my room. It would have been a lot more dramatic if I could slam the door, let alone walk my normal speed.

****

I crawled into bed and started replaying everything in my head. I knew I shouldn't have mentioned everything that happened earlier in the year, but that changed me. Everything that happened has changed me. I'm so much stronger than everybody thinks I am. They just don't get it.

knock knock

"Go away Lizzie."

"It's not Lizzie."

"Then go away Liam."

I heard the door creep open. "It's not Liam. It's Louis. Can I come in?"

"Are you on their side?"