Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*5 Months Later*

I finished packing all of my mom's stuff into boxes. It had been 5 months today since her death.

I decided to donate her belongings except the ones that have meaning to me.

Considering I'm graduating in about a month, I decided to keep the house until then. I had to get 3 jobs, so I could help pay the costs. Also, to save up for my tuition for university.

My mom had a college fund all ready for me, but I wanted to have some extra money for when I'm there. 

I applied to many different universities, but I got accepted into three.

One was Standford. One was NYU, where my mom went, and the last one was Yale.

Considering I had no one for the entire year, I had a 96% grade average in all my classes.

I had no clue where I should go. I was hoping I would only get into one, but instead I got into three. 

I had dreamed of going to NYU for as long as I could remember. Majoring in performing arts and journalism.

But, Standford was so hard to get into. I never imagined getting into this university. It was like a new dream.

Yale on the other hand, was just like Standford. I never imagined being able to say I got accepted into Yale. I could major in law, and maybe get into Harvard after. I could be just like my dad.

***

I picked up the final box and made my way to my car. 

I tried opening my trunk, but there was no use. I put the box down and finally was able to open my trunk.

I stood there and let out a sigh of relief. I had finally finished packing all 23 boxes, and put them neatly in a line beside my car.

One by one, I put the boxes into the trunk.

I reached down for the last box and felt someone's hands on mine. I looked up and saw Liam standing there.

I rolled my eyes, slapped his hands, and put the box into the trunk. I slammed the trunk door down and walked around to the driving side without saying a word to Liam.

I swung open the door and climbed into the seat. I tried closing the door but there was a force stopping myself from doing so.

"Liam, don't. Let go of the door."

"Not until you talk to me."

I couldn't believe what he had just said.

"Annie, please. It's been 5 months. Talk to me."

"Exactly! It's been 5 months."

"What are you talking about."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Now let me close my door so I can drive away from you."

"I'll follow you."

"Don't even try that crap with me Liam."

"Annie. C'mon."

"NO. You c'mon. It's been 5 months. 5 frickin months. You could've came back and apoligized for everything. You could still have had me. But, you don't. I lost my mom, I lost you, and I lost Lizzie all in 1 month. You know how I felt?! I wanted to die Liam. I was all alone, in my senior year, and I had no one. Not even a study buddy. No one liked me. No one likes me. I got so much hate this year, it was unreal. Every single girl at my school thinks I dumped the famous Liam Payne. They all hated me for that. Every single person. Even some teachers couldn't stand me. IN MY FINAL YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL AND I WAS ALONE. Don't you dare ever "you c'mon" me again Liam." I had been waiting 5 months to say that to him. I didn't expect to be crying, but I was.