3.7 - we're alone now

“Now they’re falling hard, like a house of cards they blow away like leaves,” I had no idea what we were searching for but I couldn’t concentrate even I wanted to with the annoying childish wanker following me around.

“Your voice is complete shit, Clifford.” I was opening and rifling through drawers in what seemed like an office, looking for anything that looked handy.

“I know that when the night is over you’re going to save the last dance, save the last dance for me!” My irritation was making him sing louder and I really wish I was strong enough to turn around and beat the hell out of him.

“Small dick,”

“Shit fuck!”

“We fucked? Sorry, I thought you were using your finger.”

“Babe, everyone knows we fucked. You were screaming my name.” If we were living in a cartoon, I was sure that smoke would be coming out of my ears by now. No matter what I had to say, he constantly had a reply. Or he’d follow me around like a lonely little kid.

I couldn’t find anything so went to open a door to the garage I noticed as we were walking up to the house. Michael, annoyingly, cut in front of me and smiled cockily as he walked through the door backwards.

My glare towards him turned into a smirk as I noticed a shadowy figure behind him. Knowing what was coming next; I stood back and watched happily.

The zombie moaned as it approached Michael. He jumped, facing the zombie and quickly moved away. He didn’t have his gun out properly because he was trying to anger me as much as possible. I continued to let Michael scramble away from the approaching zombie and only decided to help when it was nearly on top of him.

I knew if Michael was caught, we’d both be placed somewhere random in the Lakes and have to fend for ourselves. Quickly, I lifted up the ‘gun’ and pulled the trigger. It connected with something under the zombies’ clothes and made a beep, causing the actor to fall to the ground pretending to be dead.

“Is this the fucking apocalypse?” Michael poked the actor and stood up, looking around the rest of the garage wildly.

“Happy birthday, Clifford.” I was happy knowing I could at least hold this against him. I really didn’t like the grin on his face as he clambered onto the car next to him.

“IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!” Groaning, I ignored him as I continued looking for supplies. Michael was still singing all the shit songs from earlier as he helped and if he wasn’t careful I was going to leave him alone before we barely started.

Meeting up with the rest of the group, we could only supply a few blocks of wood that were made for burning, a pocket knife, a map and a hammer. We, as a pair, were handed a walkie talkie so we could communicate to meet up.

“Have any of you done archery? We need food and we found two bows and a lot of arrows.” Nathan was standing in the middle of our little semi-circle. Michael, unfortunately, raised his hand along with Nicole.

“Okay, Nicole and Luke I want you two to go find food, head south. Michael and Natalie head north and find food. Go, we’ll talk later,” He held up his walkie talkie and Michael grabbed my arm, towing me away from the group and probably whatever was left of my sanity.

“Babe, I have something to say…”

“What now?” I sighed, using a compass given to us to find out where north was.

“I think we’re alone now” I raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to continue what he wanted to say.

“The beating of our hearts is the only sound,” He sung that line and my brain clicked to Tiffany’s song. I threw my left arm out towards him, the one holding my gun. It hit him in the stomach and he coughed and wheezed.