2.6 - not a couple

reuploaded bc the last page wouldn't load? please reread in case you missed the ending xo

~

“We’ve been 5 Seconds of Summer, thank you for having us!”

“This is our last song, Try Hard!” The crowd cheered as Michael shouted into the microphone set up in front of him.

Griff, Rosie, Nicole and me were standing in the front row, arms in the air, dancing to the band’s music. The crowd loved it just as much as us and I could see the boys faces lighting up at the cheers they were receiving.

Their music was mainly pop, with a hint of punk or rock. I often caught myself staring at their hands, mainly Michael’s, as they strummed or hit their instruments amazed by the speed at which they flew. I was mesmerised.

“She’s in the crowd of my show

Nothing to lose,

She’s standing right in the front row

The perfect view…”

I caught Michael’s eye and shot him a massive grin as Luke belted out his solo. Michael’s look was intense and his lips tugged up into a small, genuine smile. He looked so happy and I decided it was our chance to push through the crowd to the backstage area.

I blew a kiss to Michael as he returned to his microphone, ready to sing before grabbing hold of Rosie and starting through the crowd. Surprisingly, it was relatively easy as everyone saw it as a chance to get further forward.

I didn’t realise how many people were already fans of the band.

It took us under a minute to reach the backstage door and, after showing the bouncer our passes, we rushed to the side of the stage. The boys came running off, jumping around hugging each other. I laughed at their over the moon expressions.

“That was fucking amazing!” Calum’s eyes were wide in excitement, his mouth parted as he dragged in a large gulp of oxygen.

“We put on a great show, I can’t believe it.” Ashton’s eyes were similar to Calum’s. His red hands were over his mouth as he giggled.

We all complimented them on the show and that started off another round of them jumping around in excitement.

“I think I should get a congratulatory hug.” Michael was grinning at me, his arms held wide inviting me in.

“You’re all sweaty!” I stuck my tongue out at him and stepped back. I didn’t really mind that he was sweaty. In fact, it made him look kind of hot. I just didn’t want to have to deal with my face being level with his armpits which probably stunk of body odour.

It didn't stop him though.

"C'mere!" I turned, ready to flee as he approached me. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough because as soon as I took the first step, his arms wrapped around me.

"How many times am I going to have to tell you to get off lately?" I huffed, not annoyed that I was encased in his arms but rather his smell. My nose wrinkled as I batted at his arms.

I hear the snap of a picture and Michael whirled us round to Luke who had his phone poised to take another.

"Cutest couple!" I bit my lip, focusing on the ground.