1.0 - scoot over, loser

It was Friday and all eight of us were at Michael’s apartment, giddy at the possibility at seeing such an amazing band the next night. We had practically spent the last week together going over plans again and again, not allowing ourselves to get too excited until we felt we were prepared and confident.

“OUT OF MIND, OUT OF HEART. WHERE ARE YOU NOW?” I had met River, Griff’s friend and to say he acted like a child at times was being offensive to little children everywhere. Right now he was shimmying around Michael’s living room, belting out the lyrics of The Grizzlies newest song: ‘Where are you now?’

I loved the song but now I’m afraid that I’m never going to be able to get a shirtless big kid dad dancing out of my head whenever I hear it.

“Ice cream?” Michael was holding a tub of cookie cream Ben and Jerry’s.

“What, and end up making a fool out of myself too?” Nicole and Calum had now joined River dancing and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“You’d make a fool out of yourself anyway,” Michael snorted with laughter as I hit him round the back of the head. “Are you turning into Gibbs now?” I decided it was best to ignore him, taking his spoon that had a massive lump of cold deliciousness on it.

Michael was watching me as I finished the mouthful. His hand cupped my cheek and he used his thumb to wipe along my lips. My skin tingled at his touch so I tilted my head further into his hand. A genuine smile broke out on his face as he lent towards me.

The moment was ruined however by the dad dancer jumping on the sofa between us.

“Join me, gorgeous!” River’s hand was held out to me and, seeing that everyone but me and Michael was now dancing, I let him pull me up and joined him in singing at the top of our lungs.

I continued dancing till the album finished and Luke suggested we should all go to bed.

When everyone was saying goodnight or setting up their beds in the living room I noticed Michael storm off without a word. I followed.

He was propped up on his windowsill when I cracked his door open, a cigarette was in his hand and he was blowing out a puff of smoke. His eyes were closed and it would be easy to think he was calm if it weren't for his hand being clenched into a fist.

"Michael?" I stepped into the room and closed the door.

"Leave." He near enough growled at me, his eyes still closed.

"No chance." I crossed my arms and stood my ground. Something was wrong and I wanted to know what.

"You're so fucking stubborn, I don't want to talk to you right now!" Michael's eyes shot open as he raised his voice.

"Well I want to talk to you."

"Just piss off, I don't care." He spat the words at me, making me feel like he slapped me.

"What's your fucking problem, ahhhh!" I turned and stormed at the room, slipping straight past Calum.

"It's not the first time you've sent girls running from the room screaming." Calum chuckling was the last thing I heard as I shoved the door open of the room I knew Nicole was staying in. If Michael was going to act like a twat then I didn't want to be around him.

"What's up with Michael?" Luke was sitting with his head propped up on what I guess was his bed.

"You heard?" I flopped down on Nicole's air bed, dropping my phone next to me.

"Darling, I think everyone from here to China heard that." I shoved Nicole as she giggled at her own joke.

"I just want to sleep, he's a dick." I was already in comfortable enough clothes to sleep in so all I did was curl up beside Nicole and pass out.

-&-

I'm not a morning person, at all. So waking me up in the night is something everyone should know no to do. Obviously, someone didn't as my phones continuous buzzing pulled me from a dream.

Oh and guess what slothbrain woke me up, Michael.

11:21 Michael: I’m sorry Natalie.

That must have been sent just after I fell asleep.

11:43 Michael: Come here and let me explain, babe?

12:01 Michael: Are you awake?

12:39 Michael: Please babe

12:53 Michael: I feel pathetic

12:56 Michael: I need you here babe, please?

01:39 Michael: Are you ignoring me?

01:43 Michael: I can’t sleep

01:49 Michael: Come here.

No chance in hell was he going to shut up if I didn’t go see him. As quietly as I could, I left Luke’s room and stormed into Michael’s.

“What kind of cretin thinks it’s okay to wake me up at this ungodly hour?” I wasn’t annoyed, not really but he should feel bad.

“Me, obviously” Michael grinned at me like he wasn’t acting like a complete jerk earlier.

“Act your age, will you?”

“What’s my age again?” He was seriously singing Blink right now? He had to be kidding me. Annoyance was etched onto my features as I leant against his wall. “Okay, okay. I’m sorry. Just hear me out?” All I did was gesture him to continue.

“I was annoyed at how you just left me earlier. Then River had his hands all over you for the rest of the night.” He spoke fast, embarrassed and bowed his head not wanting to look at me.

“This was all because you were jealous?” Michael was jealous? He had no reason to; we weren’t anything more than friends with benefits. Even though it made no sense, my heart felt like it was warming up.

“No.” I laughed at his too quick reply and walked over to him.

“Scoot over, loser,” he shuffled up and opened his arms for me. I didn’t hesitate to climb in and cuddle up to him. “You have nothing to worry about, Clifford.”

“Let’s do some guitar tomorrow, babe. We’ve only done a few lessons since I promised you.” I mumbled my agreement as he kissed the top of my head. Being close to him made me feel so good and I honestly don’t think I could ever get enough. My head was against his chest again and I nuzzled closer, smelling him slightly. He always smelt of his deodorant mixed with his cigarettes. It sounded like a horrible mix but was practically heaven to my nostrils.

“Did you just smell me, babe?” He was giggling like a school-girl.

“I did no such thing, Clifford.” I could feel his hand curl into my hair as he played with it.

“What kind of weirdo smells people?”

“Whatever. At least I don’t share a name with a big red dog.” My eyes closed and I drifted to sleep, the last thing I heard was his chuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chapter 10 reupload. i don't know what's going on