0.7 - wannabe punk rockstar

"Can you not cook anything else?" I was sitting in his kitchen yet again with his jumper keeping me warm.

"Shut up, you love my bacon." He laughed with me and it wasn't until after we finished eating that I knew why I was angry the night before. I wanted to be friends with Michael, not just a random hook up, even if the sex was great.

My serious train of thought was lost as bangs approached us from down the hall.

"You guys sound like a herd of elephants!" I called out to them, laughing at their cursing and falling over in their sleepy, hungover state.

"My headache should be for an elephant," Calum was pouting as he flopped down next to me.

"Your head is big enough to handle it!" Michael was cracking up his own joke and the other boys joined him. They were like a bunch of wild animals which meant I had great entertainment for the day.

It was around 1 when we were all in the living room watching some rubbish Ashton had put on. Michael and me were sitting on the sofa we sat on the other night, his head in my lap. I couldn't help but run my hand through his multiple-dyed hair and his eyes were closed in satisfaction.

All of a sudden Calum jumped up, "I'm so bored, guys!"

Luke chuckled at his pout and told him to grab the game and the remotes. To my utter surprise Michael's eyes shot open with a glint I had yet to see. "FIFA. Calum you can have Ashton." His voice was challenging and, even though I hardly understood I couldn't help laughing at Calum's expression. He looked like he had just been told the worst news ever. Luke was wiping away tears of laughter and Michael was smirking in a way that was making tingles flow through me. I sounded like some lovesick little kid, I needed to pull myself together.

Once we had all calmed down a little and Ashton’s cheeks had turned from a tomato red to a light pink, I asked Michael why Ashton was a bad person to be playing with. Michael’s smirk had never left and I found it difficult to look away from his lips as he spoke (luckily he was watching the boys push each other around as they set the game up), “Ashton is useless with FIFA. Can you believe the idiot didn’t even know how to play before he joined the band.” His eyes flicked to me so quickly that I couldn’t look away before he caught me staring which just caused the amusement in his tone to double, “I remember him coming into Luke’s garage, where we use to practice, wearing this disgusting shirt. He’s always been bubbly and hyperactive but as soon as we started challenging each other to a FIFA game when we were on a break his head was hanging so low I thought it was going to fall off.” He chuckled and pulled me closer on the sofa, talking to him always felt so right and I wondered how we hadn’t met sooner. “We could barely hear him when he announced he couldn’t play and, because of his late start, he won’t ever be as good as us. Mainly me.” He mumbled the last two words, in a low voice that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in excitement, even though confidence and cockiness was radiating off of him.

“I’ll beat you one day!” Ashton was back on one of the chairs and Luke snorted as he plopped down next to us.

“Heads!” Next thing I knew Michael’s hand shot out in front of my face, a controller landing in it perfectly. “Sorry N, don’t want to ruin your beautiful face.” Despite his apology, Calum looked as if he was trying his hardest not to laugh as I narrowed my eyes at him.