3.5 - childish idiots

I didn't cry like I thought I would. I mean, a few tears were shed on my way home but once I was in the familiarity of my apartment I realised how much of an idiot I was. Yeah I liked him but I couldn't control what he was doing. That doesn't mean I wasn't to be angry at him - it still pissed me off - I just wouldn't cry.

Instead, I text Luke to make him sort things out.

18:23 Natalie: You tell Michael. Oh, and I won't be around until the survival trip.

I wasn't going to waste my money and not go to the trip just because of an idiotic douchebag called Mikey.

18:32 Luke: We will drag you here ! I don't care what just happened, you're going to tell Michael and that's that. :-)

I growled at Luke's text and flung my phone across the room. For a second, I felt better for letting out a little of my anger but I quickly rushed over to check for any breakages. My phone wasn't one of those indestructible nokias and I kind of wanted to keep it.

Thankfully, it was all intact and I found myself getting ready for bed angrily. I was slamming things onto counters and throwing my clothes much harder than I needed to. When I was in bed it was hard for me to sleep. I tried everything I could think of till I was left with only one option. I counted from ten to one, trying to calm myself down. I knew it was a therapy thing people used so told myself it was going to work.

It half worked. I was asleep but it was a restless one and I woke up feeling just as annoyed.

I was woken up in the morning by multiple bings from my phone. Usually, that wouldn't have woken me but my sleep was light and the sounds seemed to be endless. Every last one was from twitter. I didn't have too many followers, just over 1,000. Usually, twitter was just my place to put things I couldn't say anywhere else.

Opening up my notifications, I saw a few hundred people had followed me and retweeted a tweet I was tagged in with a picture. Horrified, I clicked on it to find it uploaded by @5secondsofsummer. I didn't even know they had a twitter.

@5secondsofsummer: Look what Michael sent to me a little while ago! ;-) @michael5sos @sighnatalie

Michael had green hair in the picture and I was curled up to his side. My hair was covering my face slightly (thank god) but you could still make out that it was in fact me. I had a small smile on my face that was nuzzled into Michael's chest. He was grinning like a complete idiot and I couldn't help but miss his smile. It was the night after the hospital.

I checked through some of the replies the tweet had gotten seeing people asking who I was and saying we looked cute. I blushed as I read them not concentrating on anything else till I saw another tweet.

@5secondsofsummer: "@griffacker: how about this cute one?" @sighnatalie @michael5sos

This picture was taken when he was helping my climb the rock climbing wall. We were both laughing and his hand was reaching out for me, my hand reaching up to his.

@sighnatalie: @5secondsofsummer @griffacker @michael5sos shut up luke, I'll come today

@5secondsofsummer: YAYY! :-) x

A couple of people were still tweeting me but I turned my phone on silent to get ready. The boys must mute their twitter app because I really don't know how they dealt with that but worse.

Luke opened the door for me, grinning like he hadn't messed up my morning by waking me up. I was tired and still royally pissed at Michael, no matter how many cute photos, that I didn't even know where taken, Luke showed me. He led me to the living room where they already had Michael sitting.

"Let's get this over with then." Michael opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him before he could even start.

"For your birthday, and kind of Halloween, we're going on this survival trip. It's basically a weekend by this lake place where we have to get food and supplies and this man helps us and guides us. It sounded fun and it's all paid for so yay, let's celebrate! Bye." Ashton and Luke were both shaking their heads at my quick explanation. I didn't care though; I just wanted to get away from Michael.

"Babe, I'm sorry I -" I glared at him for calling me that stupid pet name.

"Wrong choice, bro..." Calum's eyes were wide and staring at me as if waiting for my next move. My next move was going to be knocking Michael out and throw him out of a window but Luke jumped between us.

"Will you two just fucking stop!" Ashton mumbled something about not swearing but no one really focused on him. "You're being childish idiots and you have been for a long time! It's obvious you two have feelings for each - no, no don't interrupt either of you - each other and anyone can tell. Think about it! Michael never kept a girl around before you Natalie, you saw how surprised we were. Michael has never cared enough for a girl to spend a night in hospital with her and then another night to make sure she's okay. He doesn't cook for anyone, no mind bacon sandwiches and look how many he cooked you! Plus since when has Michael ever gone on a date?" He looked to Ashton and Calum for support.

"Never" they said, simultaneously.

"Exactly! Never and you two had great fun rock climbing. You've helped Michael multiple times with his anger and stress and you've made him so much happier that we've gotten use to him not being such a moody wanker constantly. You're both constantly cuddling on sofas whenever we're together and you two wouldn't get so annoyed at each other if you didn't like each other!"

"I don't like her"

"I don't like him"

"Shut up!" Luke threw his hands in the air in exasperation. "I know we had those little pranks we played but Michael you came to me afterwards and told me how funny you found it looking back on them no matter how harsh she was!"

"I am kind of sorry about them," I was sitting down now, knowing Luke wasn't going to let me go anywhere.

"You were a bitch." I raised an eyebrow at Michael. "But it was kind of funny."

"See! Oh and let's not forget that when you two have sex your moans wake the whole apartment up, Jesus Christ."

I wish I could say I didn't turn red at this but god knows I did.

"I remember seeing you back here and being so damn confused but Natalie you have done so much for Michael, please don't give up because he's an idiot. Oh and you," He pointed at Michael in a way that I guess could be intimidating if it wasn't Michael. "Keep your dick either in your fucking pants or in Natalie because I swear to my mother I will cut it off if you carry on how you did."

I giggled at this and, as Luke collapsed back into his seat, I knew I could speak properly this time as he had finished.

"You know, a lot of what you said is probably right," They all kind of looked hopeful and I felt terrible for what I was about to say. I didn't want to bring moody Michael back but I had no choice. "It's such a shame I don't give third chances."

~

5ish chapters to go, I'm so nervous about how you guys are going to take the ending..c: