chapter 18

Chapter 18

Diana's P.O.V

A few days passed since Noah and I had fought and then later made up by kissing. Things were better than ever between us. It was like we never fought in the first place. Everyone that was in Florida was back including Noah's parents and siblings. Even though everyone here are werewolves they still acted like normal families. They didn't eat raw meat, well unless they're wolves and they did everything normal families do, like sitting together and having breakfast.

"Are you going to pass me the bacon?" Someone asked.

"Oh, sorry Beth." Heat rushed to my cheeks. "I was just thinking."

She pretended to gag. "Probably about my brother, right?"

I passed her the plate. "No, actually I was thinking about you guys are so normal."

"When were we ever not normal? Besides the fact that we turn into giant horse sized wolves, that is."

"Well were all eating breakfast together."

"True," Ian chimed in. "But it's funny how you just realized this now."

"Well I did notice this earlier but I just thought of it again for some reason." My cheeks flushed a second time.

"So today the two of you are going to have the place to yourself. Your father has a meeting and I'm visiting the city to pick up that fudge that Josh likes. He's been in a mood lately so I think that would cheer him up."

"A mood? I'm starting to think that being moody is his personality," Noah said.

"Noah," Melinda scolded. "You had your days and even your sister has hers." She turned to look at Beth. "Are you going to see Vanessa today?"

"Yeah, she wanted to go into town today too. Something about a new store."

"Then we can all together," Melinda mused.

"What, no. Mom, come on. I'm old enough to go on my own."

"You don't have a car," she pointed out.

"So I'll run there. No big deal."

"It is a big deal," Ian said. "The newspaper reported a large animal running around near the town. They think it was a bear. We have to be careful. You can have your mother drive you there or you don't go at all."

"Fine," she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm done eating. Can I go now?"

"Yes."

"So Diana and I will have the house to ourselves then?" Noah inquired.

His parents nodded. "Josh skipped breakfast. I doubt he'll come around until dinner."

It seemed like they wanted to leave the house just so Noah and I could be left alone. "Oh." Here comes another blush.

My eyes found Noah's and he gave me a sympathetic smile. He must know what they're trying to do as well. "Mom, dad," he began.

"Noah you know I'm ready to step down. Now you need to take the steps to take my place and be Al-"

"But we shouldn't be backed into a corner to do anything!"

"Were not trying to force you," Melinda said. "This is something that will eventually happen. We just want to give you the privacy for when you mate."

Noah put his head down on the table. "This is embarrassing," he mumbled. "Can we be excused now? I've lost my appetite."

He got up and held out his hand. "I want to show you something today."