chapter 1

The AH-MAZ-ING trailer on the side was by VioletRoberts. Please go check it out!

edited by lalynzee :)

2012 © All rights reserved

Diana's P.O.V

This is it, I told myself. This summer things will be different. I will be different. No more boring Diana. I'm going to forget about the past and move on. Yeah, that's exactly how I'm going to be. I prepped myself in the mirror while I waited for the girls to pick me up. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath before walking downstairs where my suitcase was placed by the door.

My foster mom gave me a dry smile as she walked past me. Because I had just turned eighteen, I was now out of the foster care system. She had told me that I needed to leave. Thankfully Claire's parents had a spare room which they were going to let me live in until college started in the fall. Claire, one of my best friends and I have been close since I was younger. No matter what foster family I was with at the time Claire was always my support system, catching every tear of mine.

My boxes were all packed upstairs ready for me to leave. Claire's parents would be stopping by to pick up my belongings while I was in Florida. A vehicle honking outside had me peering out the window. A sleek black truck was parked in the driveway waiting for me. I didn't bother saying goodbye to my foster family. Overall, they had treated me like shit and didn't deserve anything from me. I pulled the bright red suitcase out the door and jumped with joy as my summer was starting. I hoped that it would be one that I would never forget.

~*~

The airport terminal was buzzing with people on their cellphone and trying to catch their flights on time. The air was hot in Miami with no cool breeze from how it looked through the windows. The three of us were waiting at luggage claim. Claire pulled her smooth chestnut locks into a messy bun while Rachel wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead.

Claire and Rachel's suitcases came while mine hasn't been seen yet. It was red for crying out loud, how could it get lost? I asked other around if they had seen a cherry red suitcase gone by, in case the three of us had missed it by mistake. I notified someone at baggage claim and they told me that if it came up that they would call me. As for now I was stuck with what I had to wear unless the girls were willing to share which I knew they would.

We were staying at a resort in Miami that Rachel's parents had all expenses paid for us. I don't know how to say it lightly so I'll just come right out with it: Rachel's family is loaded. There I said it.

When we reached the lobby of the hotel I couldn't help but gawk at the place. The floors and walls were all marble tile that resembled the color of sand. There were three separate lounges, two restaurants, and a bar located inside the hotel not to mention the fitness center and spa. I was most looking forward to the spa.

Rachel walked up to the front desk where a snooty looking receptionist was standing there giving us a dirty look. "Can I help you?"

"Yes," Rachel began. "We have a reservation under Hopkins."

The brunette women typed on the computed, exchanging brief glances at me as I bit my bottom lip.

She returned her gaze to Rachel. "Can I see some I.D?"

Rachel flashed her driver's license at the woman. "Right," the lady said in a snooty I'm-to-good-for-you tone. "Your room is the Paradise Suite on the seventh floor which is to the right of the elevator. Have a nice stay." She handed us three room keys. We thanked her before excusing ourselves to the elevator.

Quiet relaxing music was playing inside the elevator. I pressed the button '7' and the elevator dinged as we moved up each floor. The sleek silver doors opened to the seventh floor and we got off heading in the direction the lady at front desk had given us.