chapter 15

Chapter 15

Diana’s P.O.V

“So your only here until you gather information about the rogues? Then you’re going home?” I asked Noah. We were sitting on his bed and I was sipping on a glass of water. For the past hour or so Noah was informing me about life as a werewolf and why he was in Florida. A bunch of rogues are gathering in Florida. Ian believes that the rogues plan on attacking packs across the United States.

“Yeah, we were planning on being here for another week or so. He’s been gathering information all this time. I was supposed to be helping him since I’m the next alpha but then I met you.”

“So I’m the reason why you’re not attending to your responsibilities?”

Noah shifted on the bed so he was hovering over me. He ran his fingers through my hair before kissing me lightly on the lips. “Yes, you are my distraction, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

I leaned towards Noah and wrapped my arms around his neck. I gasped when he moved so I was straddling him. “I think you like to kiss me as much as I like to kiss you.”

He nodded before he gently nibbled on my lower lip. “You’re like my addiction. I will never get enough of you.”

I could feel my face heating up and Noah laughed before he kissed my forehead. “My family is home. My dad needs to speak with me.”

“How do you know their home?”

“Wait, how do you know he’s home. I didn’t hear the door open downstairs.”

He tapped his temple. “Mind link, remember?”

“Oh, that. I forgot.”

“I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

“Okay.”

Noah left me and I was alone in his room. His family was downstairs so I could easily go talk to Beth or Melinda to occupy my time. My phone vibrated on the end table. My hand reached to grab it and I was about to answer the call when I recognized the number’s as Collin’s. I could delete his number from my contacts but I would always have the number memorized. My finger swiped across ‘Ignore’ button. I had nothing to say to him and I want nothing to do with him. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and walked around the room which was barely decorated. I knew it was a beach house that Noah’s family was staying at so I knew they wouldn’t have a lot of personal effects in the house.

Across from the bed was a dresser and on the dresser was a picture of the night of the bonfire. Noah, his friends, Rachel, Claire and I were all in it. I smiled at the memory of that night. It was a lot of fun and I knew now that every one of his friends there was also a werewolf in his pack, except for Kevin, Hallie’s mate. He’s a human but he knows their secrets like I now know. I wondered if there was a possibility if he could tell me what it’s like to be mated with a werewolf from a human perspective.

“Diana, are you staying for dinner?”

I jumped at the voice and turned to see Beth leaning against the doorframe with her hand on her hip. Her hair was in a high ponytail and she was wearing a sports bra, shorts, and tennis shoes. She looked like she was about to go work out.

“Ah yeah I think so.”

“Great! Because were having a big pack gathering, kinda like a barbeque. It’ll be fun. Oh, and Rachel and Claire can come too. Well Rachel is obviously invited being a werewolf and all but we don’t want Claire feeling left out or ignored.”

I smiled. “I’m glad you guys are including her. Although I don’t know what I’m going to do now that I know everything and pretend to Claire that everything is the same.”