chapter 2

2012 © All rights reserved

CHAPTER TWO

Diana’s P.O.V

I was stunned when a tan, extremely guy who was ripped to the max was walking towards me. My eyes traced up his body and I found our eyes meeting. His were a rich, warm brown, tempting as chocolate while his tousled ebony hair.

This handsome boy with a breathtaking smile was coming towards me. I didn’t know why I was feeling this way. I didn’t want my summer to be all about a boy. I just went through the worst break-up of my life and now I feel like butterflies are swirling in my stomach.

What’s happening to me?

“Hi, are you new around here? I-I’ve never seen you around before,” he said smiling at me.

“Yeah, I’m actually here on vacation for the summer.”

I couldn’t help but to glance at his abs again. I turned away blushing when he caught me. A smirk crossed his face and I knew I was busted. I brushed my hand against my cheek, pushing my bangs behind my ear in embarrassment.

He extended his hand out to me like a true gentleman. No guy has ever done that before. That was something that I would see in movies, not in reality. When I looked back on my relationship with Collin he treated me poorly. He never did anything romantic for me unless he wanted to get in my pants. Collin was like any other jerk nice until his true personality shone through his devious smile. He opened doors for me, sent me flowers, and made me feel special.

And now here I am, feeling how Collin treated me in the beginning of our relationship.

In the back of my mind I knew that it isn’t right to judge every guy to be a jerk, but I knew I have to keep my guard up.

“My name’s Noah.”

“I’m Diana.”

I felt my heart skip a beat as the two of us were standing on the beach, neither one of us were able to speak. I was about to say something when Noah turned around and began to walk away. He cussed under his breath.

What just happened?

I thought about running after Noah, but I barely know him. Instead I decided to go back to the hotel and talk to the girls and see what they wanted to do tonight.

~*~

When I got back in the room Claire and Rachel had their clothes scattered on the bed. They were helping each other decide what they should wear for tonight.

“Hi guys,” I said uneasy. “What’s with all of this?” I gestured to the clothes.

“There’s a bonfire tonight happening on the beach and we’ve been invited by two really hot guys!” Claire exclaimed.

Rachel rolled her eyes. “They weren’t that hot.”

Claire gasped. “Are you kidding me? They’re sexier than the boys from One Direction!”

I laughed at Claire then gave her a devious grin. “Speaking of boys,” I began.

“Give us the dirty details,” Rachel commanded.

Claire pushed clothes aside on the bed to make room for me to sit.

“Spill,” she said.

“There isn’t much to spill. We just introduced ourselves and he stormed off for no apparent reason.”

“Okay, was he hot?”

I bit my bottom lip. “Yeah.”

“Then what are we standing here for? Let’s get ready and hope that he’s there! What’s his name?”