chapter 17

Diana's P.O.V

Everything that happened seemed to be in slow motion. Noah's eyes blackened and I knew that he wasn't in control of himself. His wolf was.

A pair of strong arms lifted me over his shoulders and carried me inside the house. He pulled out his phone and was dialing with frustration saying, "I have to keep you safe. Have to get you out."

He was demanding to someone over the phone that a plane would be ready in less than an hour at the airport. A plane that was supposed to get us out of here. Where would we go? I didn't have a home to go to so I could only assume that would mean we would be going to Minnesota.

It all made sense. He could protect me where we were away from the rogues. The more distance the better. "Stay here." Noah disappeared into the backyard and Logan and two other guys walked in two minutes later and sat around me.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Sitting down," Logan replied nonchalantly.

"Did Noah tell you to watch me?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "He's on edge. We all are."

"Where's Abby?"

"With Hallie. She can't be alone."

I remembered Noah telling me something about the importance of mates and how awful it was for someone to lose one. "Will she be okay? I mean will she ever be happy?"

"Chances are she won't be," answered Jake. Rachel came in behind.

The room fell silent, nobody willing to talk about what happened.

"Arrangements have been made." I looked to my right to see Noah back to himself. I could tell he was still on high alert, ready to right at any given moment. He was ready to defend me. Knowing this oddly comforted me.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

"Now. Logan, go find my father. He's got a few items will be needed. Then find Claire. She's coming with us."

I forgot all about Claire. How could I be so selfless? I was thinking all about me instead of my best friend who didn't know anything about this world. I turned to Rachel. "I haven't seen her..."

"She's fine," she assured me. "She's been talking to some were named Owen early into the party. The two or them left for some frozen yogurt or something before the party even started."

I nodded. Wow, I didn't even realize that she left or that she was into a guy. I'm turning into a horrible friend.

I glanced around the room and noticed that Logan left and so did the bodyguards that Noah had watching me. It was just Rachel, Jake

Noah's finger lifted up my chin so my eyes met his. "I can feel that your feeling down. "Everything will be okay. I won't let anything happen to you."

He ushered himself out of the living room and came back with a pair of car keys. "Let's go."

"Okay." I took his hands and he led me to the car. I got I behind the passenger seat and he got in settling next to me.

When we reached the airport a private plane was already waiting for us. Logan was carrying a body slumped over his shoulders. It was Claire.

"He gave her a sedative. Better to keep her out of the loop."

As much as I didn't want to see any of my friends passed out I knew that they sedated Claire with good intentions. She was still out of the loop. I hoped that Noah had a plan as to why we left Florida all of a sudden.