chapter 8

RECAP:

Noah spun me around and I gasped when he crashed his lips to mine. His tongue traced my lips asking for entrance. I parted my lips and felt his tongue massage mine. My arms wrapped around his neck and his went around my waist pulling me closer to him. We were in our own little world and I was happy. I was happy with Noah. I wanted to be his girlfriend.

He broke the kiss and cussed under his breath a little too harshly and I heard him. I turned around and saw Peter getting really handsy with Claire who was squirming from his grip. I pushed through the crowd and shoved Peter. “Let go of her!”

Peter pushed me and I stumbled back and bumped into a group of people and turned to them and apologized. From the corner of my eye I saw Noah pull away Claire and she walked towards me with tears streaming down her face. I hugged her and tried to tell her that Peter wasn’t worth the tears. Things between Peter and Noah were heating up. They were yelling at each other and closing in on another. Then everything turned for the worst.

Noah punched Peter and grabbed his shirt and pushed him against a wall. Both of them started hitting another and they ended up on the ground rolling around like animals. Bouncers pulled them off each other and escorted them out of the club. Noah had his head down as he walked away. I glanced at him and gasped. He had blood on his face and looked like he had a broken nose. His eyes were obsidian black and his nostrils were flaring while his body was shaking.

My body started trembling and I felt dizzy. My knees wobbled and I fell to my knees and started hyperventilating. There was a ringing in my ears as my eyelids fluttered before everything went black.

Noah’s P.O.V

I held the phone up to my ear and listened to Diana’s voicemail for what seemed like the hundredth time now. I sighed and ended the call. Already leaving her several voicemails I didn’t think that leaving another was going to make a difference. She didn’t want to talk to me.

I could understand why. I got into a fight with some jerk that pushed her. Unfortunately I wasn’t in control after he pushed her. My wolf rose to the surface and took the reins. He was too furious that I couldn’t push him back. His anger caused me to punch the guy. I was running off of his instinct to protect his little mate.

He could have hurt her. My wolf said. His voice was filled with pain. “I understand,” I said out loud and Logan turned and looked at me with a confused expression. “Are you alright?” He asked.

I shook my head. “No, she won’t answer my calls.”

“She just needs some time bro.”

I filled in Logan on what happened last night and he would have done the same thing if Peter pushed Abby.

I sighed. “I know.  I just can’t stand being away from her man.”

He patted me on the shoulder. “Then maybe it’s time you explain things to her.”

“I think it’s too soon. If she was a werewolf then things would be easier because she would know were mates.”

“Well, she still might understand. I mean just say you have something in common with Jacob Black.”

“I don’t think making a Twilight reference will help.”

Logan chuckled. “Just trying to help man. Look, if I were you I would tell her the truth before things get too involved. Nobody likes secrets.” Logan left my house and went to go meet Abby. They were going to go out tonight and I was a bit jealous. I wanted to see my little mate again. Talk to her. My wolf chimed. I want to see her.