chapter 13

PLEASE KNOW THAT THERE IS STRONG LANGUAGE USE IN THIS CHAPTER.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Diana's P.O.V

"I should probably go talk to Beth."

"She just needs some time to cool down. She'll be alright dear, she just needs to be alone right now." Melinda said.

"But she should know that I don't have any feeling for Collin. I ended things because he wasn't faithful in the relationship."

She frowned. "I'm sorry that things ended that way Diana. Ian and I raised Noah to be better than that. However, if you think talking to Beth is a good idea then I won't stop you. She might not be willing to hear what you have to say."

"I need to try."

Melinda nodded and I headed towards the stairs and knocked on the door that was closed. I assumed it was where Beth was staying. "Beth, can I come in?"

"Why should I let you?"

"I can see how important family is to Noah and I care about him a lot. He cares for you and I want to make sure you're okay. Can I come in?"

"I guess."

Slowly I opened up the door and shut it behind me. Beth was sitting cross-legged on the bed. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. "Are you okay?" I asked tentatively.

"What do you think?" She sneered.

I bit my bottom lip. "I don't want to be with Collin. I'm not sure how exactly your family knows him, but that's beside the point. I ended things with him because he wasn't a good boyfriend. He cheated on me. I absolutely have no feelings for him. And to be honest, he doesn't deserve someone like you. You deserve so much better than him."

"I've had the longest crush on him since I can remember. And to see that he cheated on a beautiful girl like you makes me feel like I don't stand a chance with him."

"You can do so much better than Collin," I reminded her. "And you are beautiful too. You deserve to be treated right by a guy. Collin is the type of guy who will make you feel special in the beginning but then as soon as he gets what he wants, the relationship isn't what any girl wants or deserves."

"Do you think that a guy would like me?"

"Of course! I may not have spent a lot of time with you but I do know that you are beautiful; you have a stunning smile, and have a killer personality. You are what every guy wants. And don't settle for anything less."

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. "Are you feeling okay now?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Good."

Beth pulled me by the arm. "Come on, we better see if my brother and Collin are getting along."

Noah's P.O.V

"It has come to my attention that the alpha's daughter of the Moonstone pack has found her mate."

"Isn't that Diana's friend?"

"Yes, Rachel. Jake is her mate."

My dad nodded. "He's a strong enforcer. I imagine her father will be proud."

Collin folded his arms across his chest. "She hasn't told him yet. He's demanding that she returns back to the pack."

"She's here for the summer with Diana and Claire. And until I think the situation that we are dealing with is under control then Jake should stay here," I noted.