C h a p t e r 28

WARNING: ADULT THEMES. ONLY READ IF YOU'RE 18 OR ABOVE ;)

"Thank you for the dinner, Mrs. Malfoy. It was lovely" Hermione shook the older woman's hand, and watched from her peripheral vision as Draco stepped up to hug his mother.

"I can't wait for you to come back home, Draco. Just another three days left" Narcissa smiled lovingly at him.

Hermione's heart slammed inside her chest.

Three days Three days.

The lump in her throat grew heavier and her eyes began to stung. Draco grabbed her arm, with more force than he usually did, and pushed her towards the fireplace.

She stumbled a bit and caught the look of suspicion on Narcissa's face, before he handed her the pouch of floo powder.

/.\

Hermione stepped out of her fireplace and dusted the soot off herself. Her heartbeat was erratic, and frantic, and just not normal. Nothing was normal. The fireplace roared behind her, and she hurried out of the lounge. She couldn't face him right now. No no no no no.

She paused in front of the kitchen, and turned to look at him. He was staring at her. She swallowed. His gaze was intense and sharp, and something she hadn't seen before was flashing in his eyes. And then he was walking- towards her. Slow careful steps.

She gulped and took a step back, and he took two towards her. She took another step back, and then he was here. Right in of her. Here.

She inhaled sharply, and opened her mouth to defend herself because she didn't know what had made her say that out loud. She didn't know why she wanted to deny it. Because it was the truth. She did love him. She-

She gasped as he grabbed the back of her neck, and captured her lips in a desperate, angry and wild kiss. She stood there, frozen, while his hands journeyed her whole body. His left hand fisted the hair at the nape of her neck, and tilted her head for better access. Meanwhile, his right hand roamed from her neck to her throat, to her arms to her back. He grabbed her hips and gave it a squeeze.

A moan helplessly tore through her mouth and she began to kiss him back. All teeth, tongue and lips. She pulled his lower lip between her own and sucked on it. Both his hands wound their way up into her curls and cradled her head, angling her perfectly. Their tongues danced in each others mouth until they forgot what belonged to whom.

She fisted his shirt as his hand inched towards her breasts. Her back arched on its own accord, and he cupped her through her shirt. She gasped and tore away from his mouth to breathe, and he latched onto her neck, nipping, suckling, biting and licking. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders to press herself into him.

He growled, and she felt the hardness of him pressing against her stomach. She moaned as he kissed her neckline, and she grabbed his shirt and yanked it over his head. He pulled her dress up to her thighs and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist as he walked towards the kitchen behind them, placing her on the counter.

Before she could object, he was kissing her. She sighed into his mouth and pulled him tight against her. She could feel every inch of him as he drank from her mouth. He pulled away, and grabbed the straps of her dress. Her eyes drifted shut as he carefully slid the straps over her shoulders and down her hands. She pulled free from the garment as it pooled around her stomach, and arched her back when Draco's hands slid over her bra covered breasts.

A sensual moan escaped her lips as Draco's hands roamed her back, and snapped her bra open. The offensive garment fell to the floor and then he was there. Right. There.

She pressed against him as his mouth latched onto her nipple. She inhaled sharply as he circled the nub with his tongue, and tugged on it- gently.

Her hands wound their way into his blonde locks, and he turned his attention to the other breast, his hands inching lower and lowe-

" Unhhh" she gasped and rocked forward as his hand touched her. There.

He growled and attacked her mouth, his hand continuing it's assault on her. Her heart was slamming inside her throat and she was sure she's never felt like this before. "Draco" she gasped and began to rock on the counter.

" Fuck!" He hissed and pulled her knickers down. She grabbed his belt, unbuckling it, and it fell to the floor with a clink. She grabbed the zipper of his pants and he began to kiss her neck. She panted, her fingers failing to open the button. Opening a button was never this hard. But it was. Now.

His hand grabbed hers, softly, before doing the job. His pants fell to the floor and he stepped out of them, and then towards her. He kissed her once before picking her up, his hard length pressed against her. Her head fell onto his shoulder as he carried her towards-

"My room or yours?" He murmured in her ear.

" Yours" she gasped against his ear as her core came in contact with his skin.

And his it was.

He kicked the door open and walked towards the bed, dropping her onto it. He pulled her dress down her legs and off, and groaned at the sight of her. Her hips jerked on their own and he lost it. Tugging his boxers down, he climbed on top of her, and claimed her lips as his own.

The sounds of their kissing vibrated throughout the room, and Hermione felt herself falling in love with it. She opened her legs wider as he settled between them. He grabbed her hands, intertwining their fingers together as he entered her. Finally.

Finally.

/.\

Hermione's eyelids fluttered open, and she turned to where she knew the clock would be.

4 am.

She sighed and turned back around. Her head was tucked under Draco's arm, her hands around his waist, and her legs tangled with his. One of his hands was stretched out beneath her head, and the other was thrown over her stomach.

She didn't know what had happened last night. May be it was his anger or shock or whatever he'd been feeling that drew him towards what they did last night. She didn't know what would happen once she woke up- once he woke up. Her lips quivered and she dragged her hand over his heart. A tear or two rolled down her cheeks as she bit back a sob.

" I shouldn't have told him. Stupid stupid, Hermione" she whispered in the dark.

He was leaving after three days. How had time managed to get away so quickly. Why didn't she realise? Oh God! And then she had to just tell him that she loved him. Now he was never going to stay with her. This was just a fling- because they were practically living together. It wasn't like he was in love with her or something.

Astoria.

She choked on a sob, and pressed her face into his chest, her heart breaking into a million pieces. She probably imagined it, but she felt him squeeze her side.

/.\

When she woke up that morning, his side of the bed was cold and empty.

Her heart broke a little more.