C h a p t e r 16

Hermione Granger

I'm expecting you at the Leaky Cauldron at 3. No excuses.

Potterete.

Hermione groaned. She had barely gotten any sleep last night, and the bloody owl wouldn't leave. She crumpled the letter in her fist, and sighed. She checked the alarm clock and her eyes widened. It was 11 am. She remembered looking at the clock when it was 8 am. Time flies she thought.

Just 4 more months.

She shook her head. How could she have been so stupid? Of course he still loved Astoria. They were going to be a happy family. The sight of Draco playing with a child clouded her mind and she shook her head vigorously. She was horrified when she noticed the small tug at the corner of her lips at the mental image of a blond child with curly hair.

She shook her head and rubbed her eyes, and was about to get up when there was a knock on the door.

" Come in." she said.

Draco entered. She forgot how to breathe.

He looked the same. Then why was he having this effect on her?

She swallowed. " Yes?"

"I made you some breakfast.", he spoke.

It was then she noticed the tray in his hands. Her eyes widened, and she couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her.

" You made breakfast for me?"

Draco scowled. "So? You make me some everyday. Besides, I woke up early and was bloody hungry. "

Hermione grinned slyly. " I rather like having breakfast in bed.", she said as she took the tray from him. Scrambled eggs with toast. 

Perfect.

Draco scoffed. " Don't get your hopes high, Granger. This is only for today.", he smirked at her, before turning around and leaving.

She inhaled deeply.

Things were definitely getting out of hand.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" I'm going to see Ginny. Harry and Ron will be here in a moment to accompany you" she said as she pulled on her shoes.

Draco groaned.  " At what time will you be back?"

"Why? Will miss me, Malfoy? ", she teased.

Draco rolled his eyes. " Yes, Granger. What would I do without you?", he mocked her with a fake pout.

Hermione's heart skipped a beat at his words.

" No need to get so sensitive, Malfoy." She laughed.

" I'll be back by 4."

"Alright.....Uhh Granger?"

"Yes?"

"Can you....I mean can you get this book for me?", he asked nervously, and handed her a small piece of paper.

Hermione stopped herself from making fun of him when she read the title of the book- Learn magic fast with kwikspell , but one look at him changed her mind. He wanted her to mock him. He didn't want her sympathy.

" Going to back to level 1 are we, Malfoy? ", she chuckled half heartedly. Draco's lips tugged up into a smirk.

"Join me, Granger?", he winked at her.
She tried to fight the blush that crept up her cheeks, but failed miserably.