C h a p t e r 26

I will be publishing two chapters a week! Keep your eyes peeled every Tuesday and Thursday! Just nine more chapters to go ;) Love x

Harry Potter was a halfblood, but people forgot that he had grown up with muggles. He stared at the wand in his hand as he waited for the clock to strike 7.

" Mr. Harry Potter, you are being called inside" a young woman in her early twenties stepped up in front of him.

Harry thanked her before he took a deep breath, and entered the room she had pointed towards.

" Morning Mr. Potter" a man, probably in his fifties, greeted him.

" Morning, inspector." Harry smiled nervously. This could go wrong. Horribly wrong.

"What can I help you with?" The man asked, his voice kind.

" Err actually....I want to test this wa...I mean this piece of wood..For fingerprints."

The man looked at him, a curious glint in his eyes.

" This piece of wood, you say? May I know the reason?"

"Yes, sure. Err...my wife. ..she's lost ..and she likes to collect..wood. I found this where I last saw her....so I was hoping if you could check if it has her fingerprints" he could have pulled the pistol from the inspector's pants and shot himself.

He really needed to take lying lessons.
Why hadn't he thought about this before?

However, the man seemed to have believed him. Either that, or he was a very good actor.

" Give it to me" he took the wand from him and walked towards a small door. " Wait outside, Mr. Potter"

Harry could only nod and it wasn't long before the man came out, a baffled look on his face.

"This is Hermione Granger's wand!" He exclaimed.

Harry froze.

" Wh-" he cleared his throat"- what ?"
Sweat broke out on his forehead.

But the man smiled.
" Don't worry, Mr. Potter. Your secret is safe with me. I'm very glad to be of service. I hope Ms. Granger is doing well."

Harry was stunned.

" Yes " he breathed out.

The man smiled one last time before taking his seat behind the desk.

"This wand...It has your fingerprints, of course, and Ms. Granger's. It also has Draco Malfoy's. " the man said Draco's name with a question in his eyes.

" He's trustable" Harry assured the man. He was still stunned as to how the man could tell whose fingerprints they were.

" There's also a hint of something....A woman...."

"A woman?" Harry asked confusedly.

" Yes" the man seemed deep in thought.

" Well who is it?" Harry asked.

The man sighed. " It was very faint and very old, so I couldn't take a good look. But they were a woman's. Definitely. "

Harry sighed. " can you tell how old it is?"

"Two weeks" the man offered without hesitation.

" How do you know?" Harry couldn't help but ask.

" Ahh, Mr. Potter, I'm a wizard, you see. I use muggle tools and combine it with my magic to investigate. It's quite a long and complicated process, really. Please do tell me if you require something else"