C h a p t e r 18

I know this chapter might be a bit off, but please bear with me as my finals are going on. Next chapters will, hopefully, be to your liking. Happy Reading! x

"Okay. Now I'm really worried. This isn't like Hermione ", Harry raked a hand through his hair, and sighed.

" She didn't pick up?", Ginny asked with wide eyes.

"I called her thrice, but no answer "

" What do we do now? ", she asked.

The blonde, who had been sitting quietly until now, couldn't take it anymore.

" Send a fucking search party, Potter ", Draco snarled.

Harry pinched the bridge of his nose, and spoke. "Let's go"

" Where? " Ginny asked.

"To the ministry. Malfoy, you stay at home. Keep an eye out for Hermione, and if she comes back, then ask her to contact me. Here, keep my number with you just in case-" he handed him a bit of parchment"- And Ginny, you go back home"

" Harry! You can't leave me behind. At least take Malfoy with you"

Harry held up a hand.

" No, Gin. It's unsafe for you to apparate. Plus, it's better if he doesn't show up at the Ministry at this hour ", he reasoned.

"Take care, I love you ", Harry kissed Ginny on the forehead.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Ministry was in chaos when Harry arrived. People were yelling and papers were flying everywhere.

" S'not true!"

"It can't be!"

Several people yelled.

Harry swallowed the lump in his throat, and waved his wand to send up yellow sparks in the air, and silence followed.

" What is going on in here? And what are you all doing here at this time?", he demanded.

He dreaded the answer. He had a feeling he wasn't going to like it.

" Here ", an Auror came up and handed them a paper.

Harry's world shattered as he read what it said.

The Minister of Magic- found dead.

" No!", Harry yelled and crumpled the parchment in his fist.

" Who the fuck gave this to you?", he hissed.

"It was delivered to all Aurors. We reached here and ought to inform you, but suddenly these people barged in."

"This can't be true! She...she ", he was at a loss of words.

" She isn't dead ", he choked out.

His eyes stung, but he kept them wide open. He knew this was a lie. This couldn't be happening. She was on a date, Merlin's sake! This can't be true.

"Is there a...body? "He asked hesitantly.

The Auror shifted on his foot. " No, but this came along with one of the owls. He held up a transparent bag in which, Harry noticed, was a brown, curly strand of hair.

" Did you test it?" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

" Yes. And the result is positive." The Auror said before stalking off.

Harry felt his heart crush.

"No! No!", he yelled and pulled at his hair. People gathered around him, as the boy who lived crumpled to the floor, his world fading into darkness.