C h a p t e r 8

Draco paced in front of his bed, his heart beating frantically fast. Why had he dreamt of Astoria? He had tried so hard to lock away those memories but everything went to waste just because of a fucking dream! He knew there was no escaping this now.

He'd have to face it. And alone.

Hermione paced in front of her bed with her hand on her heart as she tried to calm it down. Stupid, stupid Malfoy!  How dare he order her around her own house ? Self centered bastard. She shouldn't have gone to him. No, she should have. But she shouldn't have tried to wake him. She should've let him suffer!

Yes, that was the only logical solution. She puffed out her cheeks and went to bed before taking a spoonful of dreamless night draught.

He wasn't the only one with fears.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next morning was extremely awkward for them both but neither let it show. They pretended the other didn't exist and carried on. Hermione picked up her plate and began to wash it. Draco watched her as her face contorted into a satisfied smile as she lathered the soap. He frowned. He had never seen someone washing dishes before. Merlin was she even a bloody witch ? Brightest witch of her age, my arse.

Draco had been so deep in thought that he didn't even notice her turn around. " Are you done staring at me, Malfoy ?" She placed her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at him.

Draco's eyes widened for a second before he shook his head. "Don't get your knickers in a twist, Granger. I was only seeing you wash the dishes.", he sneered at her.

" Oh really now? I don't think that a woman washing dishes is so fascinating to look at.",she shot back.

"Well well. Look who just called herself a woman.", he drawled and gave her smirk after which she wanted nothing more than to hex his lips off his face. And then he continued. "I was only watching you because I've never seen a witch do dishes with her hands. They all use their wands or have house elves. But what more could we expect from our filthy little mudblood minister.", he spat.

And SMACK.

Hermione's eyes were wide and she was breathing heavily. Malfoy lifted a hand up to his stinging cheek and clenched his jaw as he glared at her. He opened his mouth to speak but she grabbed his collar and pulled him close. " Say that word in my presence again Malfoy and you'll wish you were never born.", she spoke through gritted teeth as she glared back at him. They were both close enough to hear each other's heavy heartbeats.

And Draco leaned even more forward, and whispered. " Mudblood."

Hermione's eyes widened and she pushed him away by his collar. "Now you'll see what I will do, you filthy little pureblood death eater. ", she forced out before taking heavy steps towards her room and slamming the door-

" You don't get to walk out on me, Granger.", Malfoy stepped up.

" I'm done with your shit for today, Malfoy. Now get lost before you lose the ability to produce an heir.", Hermione tried to push him away but he didn't budge.

" Not until you tell me what you're going to do."  Oh he was so enjoying this.

"As if. Now get the hell out of here!", she yelled.

" NO.", he grabbed her arm and pulled her outside and walked towards her until her back hit the wall.

"Let go of me. ", she struggled against him.

" What, Granger ? Can't even handle a little pureblood death eater ?", he snarled.

Hermione stopped squirming against him. " I know what you want me to do, Malfoy. But no, you're not going back to Azkaban. Not after I know how much you like it better than here.", she smiled evilly at him.

Draco closed his eyes to compose himself and then asked, "then what do you have in mind ?"

" Oh. I plan on inviting your mother over for tea.", she smirked at him.

"Shut. The. Fuck up, Granger before I lose my shit."

"Oh so you still have more of it in you ? And I will do as I wish", she rolled her eyes at him, but sweat broke out on her forehead due to his closeness.

"No, you wouldn't.", he pressed his body against hers and she flinched.

"I bloody well will.", she spat.

"I wouldn't be so stubborn if I were you, Granger.", he spat.

"You're not lucky enough to be me. But I sure as hell will invite her!"

" You wouldn't dare.", his eyes turning darker and darker by the moment, the vein on his forehead throbbing.

" You can't stop me, Malfoy. I'll do-"

"Granger shut up! "

"Don't order me around Malfoy!"

"I SAID SHUT UP",he yelled and SMACK.

He stared wide eyed at her and his raised hand. His breathing became fast and he stepped away from her, his eyes never once leaving hers. She brought up a hand to touch her cheek and winced when it stung. Tears pooled in her eyes and before she could break down, she pushed past him and slammed the door to her room shut.

Draco stayed in the same spot for Merlin knows how long; just staring at his hand. The hand he had raised. On a woman.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" Ron! When did you...how ?"Ginny squealed in surprise before throwing her arms around her brother's neck, and squeezing the life out of him.

" Bloody hell woman! Let me breathe!", Ron pulled away and kissed her on the forehead.

" Where's Harry ?"

" Ron.... is that you ?", Harry came out of the bedroom.

Ron walked up to him and hugged him.

" About time you came back.", Harry patted him on the shoulder.

Ron smiled. " I missed you guys. How's our little Minister ?"

" Still the same.", Harry smirked.

" It would be inappropriate to visit her at this time, wouldn't it ?", Ron asked as he glanced towards the clock.

1 am.

" Well obviously,  Ronald.", Ginny rolled her eyes.

Ron chuckled and poked her growing belly. " Quite big isn't it ?"

Harry laughed. " We'll have to warn his fiancé, Gin."

"Yeah Yeah. By the way, what are you two doing up at this time ? And why, Harry, are you not wearing a shirt?", Ron looked at them skeptically.

Harry blushed and that was answer enough. Ginny smacked Ron's shoulder. " We're married Ron and we were fucking just 10 minutes ago."

Ron's ears turned red. " Bloody hell, Gin! I didn't have to know that.", he sounded horrified.

Ginny smirked. " I'll make hot chocolate. Stay the night here, Ron.", she ordered and left.

"She's a bit blunt isn't she ?", Ron said with a grimace.

" That she is.", Harry replied with a smile, his gaze fixed on his wife in the kitchen.

Intense eh? 😂😂 A little more patience 🙏🙏
P.s any guesses who Ron's fiancé is? 😉