Chapter 16

While Harry was preoccupied in the shower, I layed on the bed flipping through the telly channels with my back resting against the headboard and my legs stretched out across the mattress. I couldn’t find anything to watch; the best so far was some vampire-esk romance drama so I stopped on the channel, contentedly watching the unlucky townsfolk of a small American town being torn to shreds by attractive monsters.

Harry walked out the shower room, fully dressed now with just his curls slightly wet hanging loosely round his face. After glancing round the room quickly his eyes settled on me and he walked over to the bed, jumping onto the mattress next to me and slipping an arm round my shoulder.

“What’re you watching Lou?” He asked me as he shuffled closer, the damp curls brushing against my neck and sending sparks flying as his long fingers gripped my arm.

“No idea.” I said while moving into the embrace.

“Well that’s good.” He giggled at me.

I pouted at his attitude and nudged him. “I think –and this is a total guess here babe-them two are brothers. And she loves them both, but the better looking one keeps being a dick so she hates him. And she’s got some kind of evil vampire twin.”

Harry chuckled at my explanation, the sweet melodic tune forcing a smile onto my face. “I know what this is you idiot, it’s the Vampire Diaries! Gem used to watch this all the time.”

“Well I’ve seen no diaries, vampire or otherwise.” I frowned.

Harry laughed again before moving away to my disappointment and searching the room.  He took a sweeping look round the wardrobe and work surfaces before turning to me with an expression like thunder.

“Lou, have you seen my phone?”

I shrugged my shoulders at him, briefly turning away from the program that at the time seemed exciting but now seemed dull compared to Harry.

“Didn’t you ask me to put it in my coat pocket when we were on the ferry?” I rolled my eyes and threw him my coat.

I looked happily at him searching the pockets for a few seconds before I turned my attention back to the TV. A few seconds later I heard Harry gasp quietly but brushed it off as nothing.

“Jesus Louis, is this a fucking engagement ring?” I heard Harry spit at me.

My head flipped to look at him. Standing with the little box in one hand and the precious ring in the other, Harry was staring confused at what I realised was the writing along the edge – the writing stating ‘HS+LT’.

He wasn’t thick. As soon as it came the confusion disappeared and Harry stared intensely at the ring before looking up at me.

“Haz, put the ring down and we can talk...” I said quietly and slowly.

“Who’s HS?”

“Look, Harry, just stop for a second and-“

“Who’s HS?”

I stood up off the bed while walking slowly towards him, my movements matching my tone of voice.

Harry had other ideas; he marched straight towards me and stood up close, stopping me in my tracks.

He held the ring up to face, constantly staring down at me.

“Please Harry-“

“Who the fuck is HS?”

I tried to turn my head away but he reached up his hand and held it to stare at him. Though he wasn’t being aggressive it certainly wasn’t in a kind, loving way – more like he was pissed off at me. To be quite honest by the look on his face he clearly was pissed off with me.

As much as I wanted to look away from the angry glare I felt myself hypnotised looking at him. Despite my mind screaming at me not to tell him I felt my mouth open and heard the whispered words I knew I shouldn’t be saying piercing the awkward silence.

“You.”

He backed away slowly from me, obviously completely horrified.

“Look, I was going to tell you about us, I mean I hadn’t even proposed before and-“I tried explaining but he put his hand up to stop me.

“Don’t fucking even Louis. Do you know how stupid I feel, flirting with you all this time?” He shouted. “I mean, I thought we were friends with benefits, maybe even the start of a relationship or something. But for us to have been at the point where you were going to propose? Marriage? That’s huge! You should have told me Louis!”

I tried to grab his hand but he pulled away from me, heading towards the door. I shouted at him not to go – but it was too late. He was out the door and although I ran out after him he had already disappeared.

Tears began falling thick and fast; I had really done it this time. I tried to protect Harry and just ended up hurting him... hurting us. All for selfish reasons.

I was scared. What kind of excuse is that? Being scared. Fear isn’t meant to be an excuse, it’s meant to be a challenge! But I just hurt the people who mean most to me because I was too afraid to tell them how I feel. I could have lost Harry, the most important person in the world to me, through fear and being scared and over thinking everything.

I was pathetic.

Though the TV was still echoing the screams of victims the program became null. I switch it off and quite literally crawled into bed, shivering without Harry and shaking from the tears soaking my pillowing.

After hours of just laying there, having to bite my fist to stop me from screaming, I fell into a sleep full of nightmares.

I awoke a few hours later to the sound of pounding against the door. Though I wished to stay in bed longer and cry I could hear the thunder storm outside and knew that a) should it get any worse I would be reduced to a quivering wreck on the floor, so company may be better and b) The poor person outside would unavoidably be soaked.

I briefly checked my face in the mirror (pointless - no amount of scrubbing could erase the tears streaks and puffy eyes) before reaching to yank open the door.

To see Harry.

Standing in the rain.

Soaking wet.

And looking at me like I was the most beautiful thing in the world.

While I stood in shock he entered the room and closed the door. I could not stop staring at him, but as he came closer to me I turned around to avoid him so my back was facing the door, though he just turned so he was facing me directly. I felt almost scared of him – that damn fear taking over me again. The perfect smile on his face, so full of ecstasy, calmed me down. It had to be good news.

My eyes searched his face for an explanation before he whispered two sweet words to me:

“I remember.”

My features light up in a smile matching his – before he captured my face in his hands, and with great want and need and pure, undeniable lust, pushed his plump pink lips to meet mine.

****

A/N I'm just a total babe updating twice in one day omfg.

Song; Shake It, Metro Station.

LOVE DAT SONG

And awwwwwwwwww, Larry is just so cute. I just love them boys, ya' know?

Dedicated to asilverskyaboveme for being amazing with comments etc

G xoxoxo