Chapter 8

The second Zayn walked into the front room, I sprang away from Louis. He instantly became stiff, not able to look either of us in the eye.

"Should we go now then?" Zayn asked cheerfully. Louis agreed, nodding his head. Not bothering to say anything, he ran out to the car with a blush obvious on his cheeks.

"What was that about?" the Bradford boy enquired. We both stared confused at the car and exchanged worried glances.

"Dunno, guess he's just keen to find the others?" I suggested.

Zayn seemed to accept my reply because he shrugged then picked up his bags and walked out to the car. I obviously wasn't going to tell him that I had flirting with Louis just moments earlier and I was worried that it was the reason he was acting odd. I was sure Louis was gay, or he would have pushed me away, told me he was straight, and  wouldn't have been acting so god damn flirty with me since the second we met! But there he was, out in the car and acting like an idiot, probably because I took flirting a little too far.

I followed Zayn out to the car and took the front seat while he slid into the back. Louis, who was sitting in the drivers seat with a blush still on his cheeks, looked a million miles away.

"You OK mate?" I whispered to him. He jumped at the sound of my voice and actually looked surprised to see me sitting there. However he nodded, smiled, and turned on the ignition to drive down the quiet streets.

After traveling through he complicated streets and modern suburbia we  reached the long stretch of highway, and Louis finally seemed to relax a little. He reached over to the radio and flicked it on, smiling when a familiar tune blasted through the speakers.

"Hey there Delilah i've got so much left to say, if every simple song I wrote for you would take your breath away, i'd write it all... You know, I sang this for my audition." Louis told us, smiling.

"Really? It suits your voice..." I mused. "Hey, were we friends with the Plain White T's?!"

"What!" Zayn exclaimed. "We knew celebrities?"

I turned around on my chair so i was looking at Zayn. "Well, yeah. We were famous, of course we were gonna know celebrity's Zayn. Don't you remember Ed Sheeran?"

"Yeah, well I do now! This is so cool. We know celebrities."

"Yeah, I know right! We knew Kat-" I was interrupted by a scream from Louis, and was thrown against the side of the car we he took a huge swerve to the left. "Lou, what the fuck are you doing!"

I turned to look at him. His eyes were screwed shut and he was bracing himself. I turned to look at the road and noticed about six cars, all swerving uncontrollably and heading straight for us.

"Jesus!" I heard Zayn Scream. A huge black van was headed straight for us, and I braced myself against the chair waiting for impact.

It felt endless waiting for the inevitable pain or death that was heading straight for us. But after at least thirty seconds of waiting and no painful crunch, I knew something wasn't right.

I opened my eyes slowly to see everything as it was before. There were no cars heading for us, and without a driver the car was drifting down the road; luckily there were no one else around, and we had been going slowly at the time. I shook Louis' shoulder to get him out of his braced position.

"Louis, the cars are gone, so stop being a fucking coward and steer this car before we actually do bloody well crash." I spoke through gritted teeth as I was becoming more and more aware and panicky that this car had no driver.

He quickly opened his eyes and reached for the wheel to steer us back into the lane we needed to be in. "Where did they go? The cars, where did they go!"