Chapter 15 Part A

Louis looked down at the iPhone in his hand.

“And your sure this is the number, right?” he asked Zayn. “Because I don’t want to burst in and it turns out it’s just some random warehouse.”

“It’s defiantly Niall’s. What I’m worried about is the tracker being off. I mean, don’t you think it’s a bit dodgy to have an accurate position finder where the only thing you need is a phone number?” Zayn responded.

Louis shrugged and when small bleep came from the phone he stood up, pointing to the right.

Following the direction the phone gave us we began making our way towards the location of Niall-or at least, the location of Nialls phone (Which we hoped was still with him). As the phone directed us further and further away from the residential part of town and more towards the industrial area we all began to feel slightly nervous. There were less people around here and the figures we did see appeared shady and moved quickly through the streets, almost always in the opposite direction to where we were going.

As we reached the heart of the industrial block we became surrounded by larger, derelict buildings created an eerie look to the place. Around here it really was more deserted. I hadn’t seen or heard anyone but us and the scurry of rats for the past ten minutes. I shifted closer to Louis, grasping for his hand and making sure the other two boys were always in sight.

In the dark glow of the moon everything around us became distorted. I became sure we were walking in circle, despite our pattern of movement making that impossible. The tall buildings loomed over us in a haunting manner and round every corner I expected to see a blood drenched murdered headed straight towards us.

After half an hour Louis stopped.

“The finder says he’s here.” He said. “But the location showing up is an old fish factory named ‘Salty Simon Inc.’. None of these buildings are right.”

We all looked around at the buildings surrounding us. There were two with “Block 39” Painted on the metal doors and another with ‘Keegan’s Wood Workshop’ sprayed on the old auburn brick. But none were fishmongers.

I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around and saw Zayn gapping towards to the darkness. As my eyes adjusted to the light i focused on a large building I hadn’t noticed before.

Well, large was an understatement.

It was huge. At least the size of six of the bigger warehouses, perhaps the size of a small football pitch, it was impossible not to notice now it had been pointed out. The state of the building was worse than most of the other derelict properties here with huge chunks of brick missing causing holes just small enough for a toddler sized person to fit through. The windows were boarded up with graphitized panes of wood and out of control weed was protruding from every crack in the buildings ancient framework. Most importantly, on the sign stretching from one end to the other in blue, chipped paint was a sign proclaiming the building to be ‘Salty Simon Inc.’.

I sudden began to feel like we shouldn’t be talking so loud. I expected P’s hiding place to be heavily guarded but this place looked deserted.  What if she had installed security cameras or secret microphones? She could be preparing an attack on us at any minute!

“Louis,” I whispered. “It’s there.”

I tugged on his hand. He slowly turned round with a grimace on his face. As soon as he saw the building, he relaxed.

“That doesn’t look too bad. Let’s try and get in!” He shook my hand away before I could comprehend what he said and before I had time to stop him he was alright trying to yank open the heavy metal doors.