Chapter 7

Harry looked down at his feet, nervous. Standing just behind me, could feel him holding on to my wrist with an iron grasp and I just knew he was biting his lip. I had tried to comfort him on the way here when he began to get nervous but my words seemed to have no effect; it was understandable, considering he was about to meet one of his supposed best friends.

The second I knocked on Zayn's door i could feel the younger boy tense behind me. The blurry shape of a figure behind the door only made him hold me tighter, and as the keys were pushed into the lock I swear to God I lost all feeling in my hand.

The door swung open and stood in nothing but tracksuit bottoms stood a very tired Zayn. He looked a exactly the same as the last time I saw him, and I smiled warmly at him while he gazed confused at Harry and I.

The grip on my wrist loosened and I turned round to look at Harry's face. To my surprise, he was wearing the same expression as Zayn. Then he smiled, his perfect white teeth showing, and rushed forward to hug the Bradford boy.

"I missed you!" He mumbled into Zayn's chest, his curls bouncing all over the place.

Zayn hugged him back, pure ecstasy written all over his face. "I missed you too Hazza!"

A huge wave of confusion, happiness and jealousy washed over me. Confusion as to how they knew each other. Happiness that they both remembered something from the past life. Jealousy that Harry remembered Zayn, of all people, before me.

I tapped on Harry's shoulder, causing him to pull away from Zayn. A blush reached both their cheeks and Zayn stepped to the side, gesturing a hand to the front room of his house. "Come in?" He questioned. Both Harry and I nodded, making our way through to the nearest sofa and sitting down next to each other, with Zayn on the small armchair opposite us.

"What are you boys doing here?" he asked. I pulled out my phone and proceeded to show him the video, and explain the way I did to Harry but with less drama. Surprisingly he seemed to believe me almost straight away, needing less persuasion then Harry (which was a relief, as I didn't think playing with Zayn's turn on spots would be quite as effective as it was with Haz.).

Naturally, Zayn questioned me as much as Harry had and we both did our best to answer what question we could. Eventually, I managed to ask the question that had been playing on my mind since we had first arrived here. "Right," I said, glancing at the two boys. "Either of you want to explain how the hell you both remember each other?"

Zayn looked over at us, playing with his hands. "Well, I don't know about Harry, but i didn't. Don't. I've never even thought about you two until you knocked on my door and boom, I knew you. I mean, I remember you and Harry; Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, right? And I can remember stuff about you, like your birthday or Harry's thing for beanies, but I don't actually know where I know you from."

Harry nodded enthusiastically. "That's exactly how it is for me, I literally knew the second I saw you! Do you remember Li and Nialler too?" He yelped excitedly at Zayn, who responded by nodded his head vigorously and beaming. Harry turned back to me, the smile gone and a frown in its place. "Thing is Lou, I don't actually remember you."

Zayn's expression matched Harry's and he ran over to sit next to me and glare at the younger boy. "You're joking right Harry? How can you not remember Louis! Come on, the bathroom, Leeds, hell you two have been toge-"

I nipped Zayn's arm to cut off his sentence and ignored the protests from him, dragging him out the room and shouting to Harry to stay where he was.

"The fuck was that for!" Zayn yelled at while I dragged him into the dining room.

Closing the door I put my head in my hands, sank to the floor and groaned. "He doesn't know yet, and i'm not planning on telling him until he at least remembers who I am or better yet remembers everything!"

"What do you mean, he doesn't- Oh! As in he doesn't know about you two yet?"

"Yes! Oh my God, I cant believe he remembers you and not me. This is awful. Maybe it's a sign Zayn, I should just leave him or something."

"Don't you dare talk like that, Tomlinson. I know you, and I know things will work out between you two. Just give them time."

I tried to believe Zayn's well meaning words. He reached out a hand for me and I pulled my self up before walking through to the living room again. The second we entered Harry was all over us, demanding to know what we had talked about, but I simply sat down next to him again and brushed him off.

"Just a little secret I told Zayn a while back," I laughed. "Nothing for you to worry about."

I knew he didn't believe me but he didn't question me any more.

"So what are you planning on doing? I'm assuming we're not just going to act like 'One Direction' never existed." Zayn asked.

"Find Liam and Niall, and jog all of your memories. Hopefully that might start to put the universe back in order. I know other people know us, me and Harry encountered a fan back in the hotel. If you up for coming along, pack your bags and we'll leave tonight."

"'Course I want to come along! Screw tonight, I'll be ready in five minutes!"

Before we could actually say anything more Zayn had run upstairs and shortly we could hear thumping and crashing from the floor above. A few swear words and frustrated grunts reached my ears, and I thought to myself, 'If this was Zayn's way of packing quickly he would probably end up bringing the house down'.

I pulled myself out of my daydream and focused back on Harry. Turning his attention away from the ceiling, he turned to look at me, and crawling closer a mischievous grin played on his lips.

"What was Zayn saying before you pulled him out Lou?" he asked me sweetly, batting his long eye lashes. I could feel my throat go tight when i realised this was Harry trying to flirt, and he was doing it very successfully.

"N-nothing." I managed to stutter back. I could easily keep my composure around him, but when he got flirty or provocative I knew I would easily just collapse.

"Come on Lou. You can tell me." Harry was so close I could smell his addictive scent and he rested his head on my shoulder. I shook my head, refusing to look at him knowing I would crack under his flirty act.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked innocently. His hand snaked up to my face and gently turned my head so  was looking at him.

I took a sharp intake of breath as I noted the way his body was poised seductively; His head so close to mine, body weight resting on his knees, and his back arched slightly. Then again, it didn't take much effort for Harry to become irresistible.

"Yes." I breathed out, less than a whisper as I looked into his startling green eyes.

My head instinctively moved closer so our foreheads were touching, and I was about to answer when a loud thudding noise interrupted my thoughts and Zayn burst into the room.He absolutely ruined the moment, so Harry sprang away from me, returning to sitting cross-legged the other side of the sofa.

It took me a second to return to straight thinking and I mentally cursed myself for allowing myself to get so completely wrapped up in the moment.

"Lets get going then?" Zayn said enthusiastically. I agreed, standing up then rushing out to the car before either of my two companions noticed the flush of my face or my inability to speak.

***

A/N Personally, i'm not too sure about the last little flirty bit in this chapter. Oh well. Song; Stole My Heart, One Direction. Yay! Becuase both boys havn't been able to stop flirting with each other this whole time (and i wanted another 1D song on here.).

G xo