08. Composition

AUTHORS NOTE: If you've read the chappie's from today's date (before I posted this chappie), this doesn't apply to you; you can skip to the story! I updated chappie 5 at the end where Hiei and Katara get bonded by the witch; along with the previous chappie (chappie 7) during her and Hiei's bond when it first starts. I was going through my notes that I've been writing since I started this story idea and noticed that I left two really good parts out. Ugh! Lol but don't worry, it's just a slight minor change! You won't need to re-read the entire chappie, but just the scene for it to make sense. Anyways, enough rambling! Chappie 8: Composition, is here!

----------------------------------------

Yusuke and Keiko, known as the two people who saved Katara, got to know the family of three during dinner. Yusuke had two drinks and got cut off by his fiancé, while Katara's father went onto his third. She guessed either she or her mother was driving them back home after dinner.

Yusuke told them he owned a little food cart in the middle of Tokyo, near his fiancés parents' restaurant. Katara's father told them about his and his wife's work, also saying that Katara was still in school.

While the two men chatted, the three ladies held their own conversation. Getting to know each other came easy, and Katara felt less on edge. She didn't know what she was worried about. She liked the people who ended up saving her life.

Before they knew it, ten 'o'clock came faster than they had hoped. The hostess brought the check and Katara's parents went to the front in order to pay for everyone's meal. Yusuke, Keiko and Katara stayed back chatting about Katara's hobbies and what-not.

"No way! Your garage has all that?" Yusuke asked; a big smile on his face.

Katara laughed, nodding her head.

"It does. I've been working out since I was around twelve, thanks to my dad."

"That's dedication." Yusuke whistled, leaning back into his seat.

"Well, it was forced upon me, but now that I think about it, I began to like it around my fifteenth year."

"You should come with me to Genkai's sometime. She's got a lot of land to do things like that." Yusuke told Katara. She took a sip of her water and met his eyes.

"Who's that?" She asked, sipping more of her water. Her meal worked up a thirst.

"Eh, just some old lady I know. What do you say? Are you busy this weekend?" Yusuke hopefully asked, his eyes pleading her to say she'd want to go. Then he could train her behind binky breath's back.

"Well," she started, not sure what to say, "I promised my friend we'd have a sleepover this weekend. I haven't been able to be out of my parents' sight except to go to school and back since you guys helped me and all."

Yusuke mentally hit himself. Of course they wouldn't allow her to be out of there sight. Yusuke may not have parents like she does, but he could understand a parents worry. Hell, he witnessed his mother crying the night of his funeral when he got ran over by a car. It was something he never wanted to witness again.

"That's okay, some other time then?" Yusuke asked, just as her parents started walking towards the table.

"I'd have to ask my parents' permission, but if they agree, I don't see why not."

"Genkai also has a beach on her property," Keiko smiled at Katara, watching as her eyes lit up.

"A beach? I definitely wanna go now." Yusuke and Keiko laughed at Katara's expression, her eyes widening in excitement. The look went away just as Katara felt something jab her in the chest. Yusuke and Keiko dropped their smiles and looked at Katara worriedly.