05. Dawning

Fear ran through Aros' body, almost stopping him in his tracks – but he kept on pushing his legs to run as fast as they could. He looked ahead of him to see where he was going. Something swooshed passed him and he stopped, almost running into the Forbidden Child who glared daggers at him.

Aros took a couple steps back in astonishment, his eyes wide in fear. The snake-like demon heard Hiei was fast, but he didn't know he was this fast.

"I wouldn't run if I were you, it just prolongs your death." And with that, Hiei took his sword out and jumped in the air, invisible to the threatened demons eyes. Aros stared in horror as his life flashed before his eyes. Aros wasn't a fighter; he was the one who only did dirty work for Fei and Jax.

With one swift move, the fire demons sword swiped Aros' head clean off. Mukuro stared at Hiei as he landed, standing between her and the now dead demon, his head rolling off to the floor as his body went limp. Blood stained the dirt on the ground as it soaked everything within its reach.

"Hmph," Hiei let out a sound and started walking towards Mukuro.

"Why do I always let you have the fun?" Mukuro questioned. Hiei ignored her and walked passed her, sheathing his sword in its place on his hip. Kurama came around the corner to the tunnels with many paths. Katara had been on his back passed out as he carried her.

Hiei stared at the human girl, still not believing what Kurama had told him only two minutes before. This girl was the cause of the barrier to be let down. Hiei was really curious, but he didn't show it. The fire demon had many questions; one of them being how is this mere human holding back so much spirit energy?

Pushing those thoughts back; the fire demon was just going to end up erasing her mind so she can go back to her normal and boring life in the Human World. It was his job as Border Patrol.

"I suppose we should check in with Yusuke and the others." Kurama spoke, watching as Hiei walked passed him. Mukuro followed her second in command back to the way they came, sensing no one else in this building. The fox demon did the same.

Thanks to Jax's death, the demon energy on the locks had disappeared. Yusuke broke Botan's lock and the thick iron door flung open. The blue haired deity flung into Yusuke's arms with watery eyes.

"Hey now, you know we had our fun in the past but I don't think Keiko would approve." Yusuke half heartedly joked as he wrapped his arms around her. Botan quickly grabbed a pinch of his hair and tugged on it a couple times.

"Can't you ever just be normal for once?"

Yusuke pretended to think about it, pulled both of them apart with his eyes at the ceiling for dramatic affect.

"Nope." The former Spirit Detective grinned sheepishly at his former Spirit Detective Assistant who in turn rolled her eyes.

"Enough guys, we need to help these girls." Kuwabara's words rung in the air as everyone else started to unlock the other cells doors. Yusuke mumbled something under his breath and went to the next cell.

As each door opened one by one, Hiei had dug into every single mind of the human females to find out exactly where they were last in human world. And one by one, Mukuro's demon army took them back to that place in Human World, until one human female remained.

Picking Katara up bridal style, Kurama followed everyone else outside with an unspoken word. They all knew this human girl was special, unknowingly saving the lives of the other human females. Yards away, everyone stopped and Kurama gently put her on the ground and then stood back up. All eyes were on Katara with some small form of respect.

"She deserves an award or something. I wish we didn't have to erase her mind so she knows that she saved almost everyone here." Kuwabara muttered, eyes still staring at the unconscious human girl.