01. Vexations

The Prince of Spirit World worked tirelessly as he stamped papers in his office. Ogre's were running around trying to get documents about anything and everything as their existence depended on it. A furious and frustrated Koenma went as fast as he could, one ogre on his left handing him paper per paper and as he stamped, another ogre on his right grabbed it and put it in a pile on his desk. Once the pile was high enough, he ran with the stack to another room and then another ogre ran up to take the previous ogre's spot.

"Koenma, there's an emergency!" One ogre ran into the room, his eyes showing worry and concern. The Prince of Spirit World continued stamping, not even looking up.

"Yes, there is an emergency. All of this paperwork needs to be done before the time my father gets back from vacation!" He shouted at the ogre who ran to his desk.

"No! You need to hear this! It's Demon World. They're trafficking humans in Demon World and the Border Patrol can't reach them to take them back to the Human World!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing, even Koenma with his stamp high in the air ready to smack the paper that was just put in front of him on the desk.

"WHAT? What do you mean demons are trafficking the humans in Demon World?" Koenma nearly shouted at the top of his lungs. The concerned ogre tried to calm the Spirit World Prince down, stuttering this and that.

"Botan is on her way to gather information. She just left about ten minutes ago, sir."

"What?! Did she take a communication device?" Koenma asked, jerking a drawer open and grabbing a small compact device. Not even waiting for the ogre's response, he opened the device and yelled for Botan. A couple seconds later, her face appeared on the screen as she flew herself on her oar.

"Botan, report! What is this I hear about demon trafficking humans into Demon World? Do I need my father to wreck havok on them?" Koenma demanded, a small part of him being serious and joking at the same time. Botan was flying on her oar, dressed in a silly outfit; her demon cover. If they found out she wasn't a demon, they'd do horrible things to her. Or put her into slavery with the humans, Koenma couldn't decide yet. He didn't even want to think about his assistant blowing her cover.

"Koenma, I'm on my way to meet the Border Patrol, right now really isn't a good time. You know I can't fly and be on this device. Multitasking isn't one of my strong suits while flying as fast as I can! Especially in Demon World!"

Botan's plea wasn't cared enough for as Koenma demanded her to get to Hiei and Mukuro faster so she can report everything back to him. She nodded her head and closed the device. The Prince of Spirit World closed his device as well, not wanting to wait for what Botan ran off for. He sighed, leaning back into his big comfy chair and closed his eyes. The room was quiet; too quiet. He opened an eye and saw every ogre in the room staring at him as if they'd be executed if they'd make a sound.

"Alright, there's still a deadline for all of this paper work! Keep bringing them in!" Koenma ordered and they all went back to what they were doing, Koenma stamping away quickly as each piece of paper landed on his desk. The ogre that ran in with the news ran back out of the room to whatever he was doing before.

'What a mess! I just pray this won't be enough damage to call on Yusuke to fix the human race again. He can be an ass most times and I can't stand it when he calls me pacifier breath!' Koenma was twice as frustrated with the news and didn't want to think about Yusuke fixing his new problem. If anything, Yusuke would bargain for anything he wanted. And Koenma would gladly give it to him as long as it fixed his new problem. Sometimes he forgets he needs to hire another Spirit Detective to take the former Spirit Detective's place.