19. Fascination

And eat her words, she did. But that was a small price to pay for the workout they both got. Well, a good workout for Katara compared to Yusuke's small workout. Of course, he was stronger than her. It'd been a good two hours since they had started, both not done teaching one another a lesson. In the end, it was the workout that they both needed, well, somewhat.

The two joked with one another as they made their way towards the dining room, most of the food eaten an hour ago, but some were saved for Katara and Yusuke. Katara wanted to shower, but she blew that off and ate with Yusuke. It was only the two of them as the others were busy doing whatever else.

"Hiei's still here, I bet I can get him to spar with me. You don't even make me break a sweat."

Katara didn't know if she should let it slide or make a witty retort back, so she shoved another spoonful of food into her mouth. Thankfully they were both quiet as they ate. Though Katara would look at Yusuke with a questionable stare with his eating habits and Yusuke would ignore her. So Katara kept to herself, eating like a proper human being would.

Yusuke was done before Katara, eating habits and all, and he cleaned up his dishes, leaving Katara by herself. She didn't mind, her thoughts were wondering back to her life in the town and how she wanted to go visit her parents and friends for a little bit.

By the time Katara was done, she cleaned up her mess and brought the dishes back to the kitchen. Even though Yukina insisted on cleaning them, the human girl shook her head and did them herself, saying Yukina and Genkai already did too much by preparing the food and putting up with her and Yusuke all of the time.

Yukina caved with a smile and went to walk outside to learn what the new commotion was about. Katara heard shouting, and something along the lines of Yusuke and Hiei fighting. Well damn, she hadn't seen Hiei fight yet. And that's something she wanted to see.

So quickly washing the dishes, she decided that a shower could wait as she made her way outside. Katara concluded this was worth missing a shower for. Stepping up to the rail on the patio, Katara's eyes landed upon Hiei's bare upper half.

'Lord have mercy,' Katara could swear her heart stopped at the scene in front of her. It was one thing to have butterflies in your stomach, but Katara's knees almost gave out just watching Hiei's form glisten in the sun as he continued to fight with his old teammate. The human woman had to hold onto the railing for support.

The human girl had never found someone worthy enough to date. Well, once. But he played her for a week and then broke up with her. That was in middle school though, and now in high school, most guys wanted her. But she agreed with her parents, school is more important.

Sometimes she would get jealous of her parents flirting, or how they fell in love. And most times Katara would think to herself late at night that she'd never be able to find the one. But now, she knew what guys wanted and that's something she never planned on giving until her wedding night. She wasn't old fashioned, she just didn't do things normal people did these days.

But Hiei on the other hand, the thought never crossed her mind. Yet she knew a damn good body when she saw one. And this one topped all of them that she'd seen at drunken parties or the beach with her friends.

Kurama chuckled as he came up next to her, sensing her interest. Katara noticed him, but ignored him as she regained her composure. Her eyes traveled from his chest to his abs, and as he turned around she saw his back.

'Damn,' she thought to herself and quickly turned around just as Hiei turned to look at her with a smirk. She couldn't let him see that she was weak, so she made her way to her bedroom for another pair of clothes and went into the bathroom to shower.