17. Servitude

Fei wondered through the forest of trees in a calm manner. The red crimson sky above held rain clouds in the distance. She knew she wasn't far from former King Yomi's territory, but there was no threat from him which is why she chose this secluded spot for her safety.

The pink short haired demoness had many hideouts, this one being the one she needed the most. Her army of miscreants had fled across demon world, leaving Fei to her work by herself. The rumor going around that the Spirit World had been involved with her mission made them think twice with who they worked for. But that didn't stop Fei, and with a huff of annoyance at everything going on, she thought to herself that she'd kill King Enma and his bratty son in the process if she had to.

It'd been a while since the encounter with the Border Patrol, former Spirit Detective and her job getting found and the release of the human woman. The illusions she made to distract The Forbidden Child from finding her gave her a little bit of time to continue her work. With her arms crossed over her chest, she came to a rocky mountain and stopped, glaring at the sky.

All of this to serve him and in return she hoped to receive his affections. Never in a million years would she have bonded a human to this specific fire demon. Fei knew her unrequited lover would be furious, if he hadn't found out yet, but she knew deep down he had already learned from the news floating around in demon world.

Fei began running up the sides of the mountains, her pace too quick for a low class demon to notice. There was a powerful energy up ahead and she stopped, holding onto a few rocks with her hands as her feet were grounded into the ones below her. Annoyance dripped into her core when she pinpointed the energy to his second in command, Hiroku.

Starting again, Fei's mind reeled with pathetic excuses the closer she got to her hideout. In all honesty, he had Fei spy on the fire demon from time to time and report back to him and so she knew exactly who he was as soon as she saw him near the stupid human girl who costed Fei her mission.

As soon as she stepped onto the ledge of her cave, she was greeted by Hiroku. His silver eyes bored into hers as he stood up from a gray two seated couch. Standing at seven feet and five inches, Fei never stood a chance against him with strength. His arms rippled as they bulged under the tight shirt he chose to wear, but that's what he always wore. Fei rolled her eyes at the players presence.

"Lovely to see you again, Fei. Tell me, how longs it been? Five, ten years?" Fei wanted to smack that playful smirk off of his face, but she ignored him as she made her way in the back of the cave, using her right hand to magically light up the candles aligned in the hall so she could see better. Feeling the presence of Hiroku behind her, she rolled her eyes.

"What does he want? If you're here to check up on me, I suggest you ask your stupid questions and leave. I'm busy." Fei kept walking towards the back of a narrow pathway. Her annoyed tone made Hiroku chuckle as he snuck up next to her matching her pace.

"Simple as always, Fei. That's what I liked about you. Simple yet you'd do anything to get the job done for him." Hiroku's response came with an arm across the back of her shoulders. Fei stopped, gently removed his arm and glared at him.

"Don't touch me, I don't want the diseases you carry around with you after fooling every girl your ugly eyes land on." Fei started walking again as she tried her best to ignore him, but to her annoyance he kept the same pace as her as he laughed, moving his knee length single braided black hair over his shoulder.

"Oh that reminds me," Hiroku stopped as he remembered an event that took place four years ago, "Your sister says hi, but that was years ago." Hiroku waved his hand as to dismiss what he said. Fei stopped, eyes going red as memories came flooding back into her mind of the night she never thought would happen in a million years.