13. Burdens

The Fire Demon hated the human for what she had done the other night, the effects of her actions as she celebrated her last moment with the humans she held close. Hiei's mind was fogged and he couldn't think straight because of Katara's choices, distracting him from his goal in training. He tried to block it out but unfortunately, it didn't work for him. The Forbidden Child concluded that he was going to train her hard on her first day as payback.

As he stared at her on the ground in a bloody mess, he could feel her energy vanish. Blow after blow, her energy decreased. He could feel her anger coursing through her veins, and had a knowing feeling she hated him.

Hiei had the same damage to his body that matched Katara's, yet as a demon, he held the pain well. This amount of pain was nothing to him. After all, he was a demon who knew pain all his life.

Katara breathed deeply, grasping for all the air around her. The pain her body received wasn't what she thought she'd have to endure on her first day. She thought they were going to go easy on her to build her up. Well, that's what Genkai and Yusuke had said before they started.

Yet as Katara had gotten ready, Hiei made a few choices on his own; choices in which he had planned since the next day after Katara's unknowingly foolishness. With the help of a couple of Mukuro's demons, they had kept the former spirit detective and old former master of the spirit wave busy.

Yusuke had been fighting one a few miles away as Genkai had gotten knocked out earlier, which would have been a lot harder if she hadn't given her power to Yusuke during the Dark Tournament.

The demon who had knocked out Genkai stood by the side of the fight, watching as Mukuro's second plummeted the human girl. Katara breathed fast and hard, her lungs not grasping all the air around her. She thought she had a few broken bones, but Hiei wouldn't be as dumb to waste the two months time on her healing.

'On second thought,' Hiei thought to himself as a smirk came to play at his lips. Preparing for the blow himself, he transported to Katara and kicked her in the ribs as she was lying on her stomach. Both Katara's and Hiei's ribs cracked on impact, yet the Forbidden Child already knew what was coming and he had prepared himself for it. As for Katara, the poor human girl couldn't even scream at the action, her breathing stopped as she flew in the air from the force.

She landed in the bushes that bordered Genkai's temple from the woods, a good eight yards away. Hiei wasn't stupid, he knew it'd be dumb to go harder on her like he originally wanted to. And yet the temptation is still there, begging for it to be released.

After a few minutes waiting for Katara to relax, the fire demon began to run towards her. Maybe one more blow would make her think twice about her actions. As he raised his fist in the air, only inches from his target, an image appeared in front of him and a hand had been outstretched, palm facing up with an orangish-red aura surrounding the source.

Hiei flew back from the force of the attack. An attack he expected, yet didn't think would happen at the same time. The figure breathed deeply, the human air confusing the demons lungs as it tried to adjust in the last ten minutes from transporting worlds.

The fire demon rolled after his hard landing, annoyance coursing through his veins. With a new sense of balance, Hiei stood up with clenched fists. A low growl came from his lips and his eyes became slit, glaring death to the attacker.

Mukuro brushed off his attitude just like she had countless times before. One glance to the human girl and Mukuro would make sure Hiei would be the one to heal her. With a sigh, the orange haired former demon King suspected the girl to be passed out by the force of the attack she had just given because of the bond. She then looked towards Hiei, eyes turned into the same slits as his.