18. Conniptions

Katara had been unconscious since the ice maiden started the healing process. Genkai had taken off to Spirit World when Yukina had the wounds under control. When the old woman came back, Yukina was watching Katara for any more injuries. No more had became apparent and for that, Yukina was grateful. Everything had been healed.

The short old woman came back into the room with a little box in hand. Yukina watched as she opened the box and placed the object around the human girls neck. With Hiei's twin watching in wonder, Genkai simply spoke, "it will help Katara with the bond."

They watched Katara's breathing for a few minutes until Genkai motioned her head to the door for Yukina to follow.

"You should go rest, Yukina. I'm sorry to have brought you into healing Katara, but we all appreciate it." They stood just outside of Katara's room, the door closed behind them.

Yukina nodded, bid her farewells and went to her room for the rest of the night. With a sigh, the former master of the spirit wave technique made her way to her bedroom as well, praying that Katara would be alright and that Yusuke and Kurama didn't piss off Hiei or Mukuro with their presence.

DEMON WORLD

Hiei successfully dodged another attack by one of Mukuro's men. He didn't have the time nor care what anyone thought, but the words this pathetic demon said as the Forbidden Child walked by earlier, he couldn't let it go.

"Come on, surely you've got more power then that." The demon's provoking tone boiled anger inside of Hiei. At first he was just going to give this demon an ass-whooping, but after that he stood up and begged for more. Sometimes catching Hiei off guard, which had stabbed him in the stomach, chest and the back.

The fire demon decided to stop playing as he remembered he was bonded to Katara.  After the last strike to his body, he had switched tactics. The bond would take some getting used too. Hiei wasn't sorry that his child like behavior is causing the human woman to go through what he's going through. In fact, he didn't care. He only did when he was the cause of it and stepped out of line; which was why he apologized to her hours ago from almost killing her the other day. And to keep Spirit World off his ass in case they thought bringing him in would be any good.

'Teach him a lesson and be done with it already, I'm getting bored with you two playing.' With Mukuro's words in his head, Hiei became irritated, but he still went full force on the demon.

'Do it yourself next time, I'm tired of babysitting.' Mukuro smirked at Hiei's reply and cut off contact in his mind as she continued to watch the fight from a distance. Not a minute later, she could hear Yusuke's shout from across the way. Everyone felt his and Kurama's presence as soon as they got into Demon World - well, everyone whose senses were highly skilled like Hiei's and Mukuro's.

"Normally I'd be excited to see a fight, but you're kind of breaking Spirit World law." At the shout by Raizen's descendant, Hiei's opponent had glanced at the former Spirit Detective and rolled his eyes.

"Tch, we were just having fun, right Hiei?" Hiei ignored his opponents gaze as he sheathed his sword.

"You're definition of fun and mine are different. I prefer the term baby sitting." And with that, he casually grabbed his cloak from the ground to wrap around his body just as Yusuke and Kurama came walking up to his side. The demon's jaw tightened and went to take a step for him again, but Mukuro was by his side in an instant with a glare. The demon submitted and they both watched the trio walk off together.

"Consider my advice a once in a lifetime gift; stop picking the wrong battles you know you'll lose." Mukuro's words were strong and fierce as she walked away from the soldier.