Chapter 18: Future Guards

It was early in the afternoon, Prince Erwin and His Mate Levi were strolling around the castle holding hands

It was early in the afternoon, Prince Erwin and His Mate Levi were strolling around the castle holding hands. Both were dressed in fine clothing, they had been home for about a day and a half. Before they were on Levi's ship, they were coming back from a voyage. They laid together every night, their lips touching and their hands going places where others cannot see. It was a fond memory, the raven was dressed in a white button up, a pair of light blue dress pants, a light bluest, a white cravat with a light blue brooch on it, a pair of leather boots. He had his pirate coat on and a pair of white hoop earrings. "Carla is bringing Eren today right?"

Levi nodded with a furrowed brow, the 19 year old blond opened his mouth, "Why don't we do something special for the kid? He's a kid right? Not a animal?" The blond rambled, he reached into his pocket and he pulled out an apple. He fed it to the white horse that he held the bridle too, the horse opened it's mouth and he munched on the apple.

"Yes silly, Eren is a kid," Levi laughed, Erwin smiled at the young man. He pressed a kiss to the pale hand, "Eren likes watching the horses, he doesn't have one at his house. More specifically the guard's horses," The raven hummed.

"Aren't most of the guards visiting their family?" Erwin recalled the other day when some of the guards went in their automobiles and drove home to their families. Levi nodded, "So then how are we going to show him what a guard does?"

"They all didn't leave, I know most of the younger ones stayed back," The 18 year old mentioned, "We can talk with them, I'm sure they'd be willing to help us out," Levi said, Erwin nodded. They put the horse in the stables, then they stopped by the dining hall. Levi got a salad to share with Erwin. They ate quickly and moved on with their day.

It was near noon when Levi had his personal guard, Reiner come with him and Erwin to greet Eren and Carla. Their car pulled up, Eren was sitting in a carseat and Carla was driving. She opened the door, Levi held onto Erwin's hand and when he saw Eren he smiled. The little boy was at least eight maybe younger, he had on a loose green shirt, a brown cardigain and a pair of brown trousers. He had messy brown hair and he was tan similar to Grisha. "Levi you look so beautiful," Carla ran up to Levi. She hugged him tightly, "Your Father is sorry that he couldn't come with, he was busy with his new job," Carla explained to Levi. He nodded, "This is Eren," Carla stepped aside, Eren peeked his head out from behind Carla.

Levi crouched down to Eren's height, "I'm Levi, you can call me Heichou," The raven cooed, the tan boy stared at him and he stepped closer to Levi. Eren had a small frown on his face, Levi gently took his hand and led him over to Reiner. Reiner smiled down at Eren, the blond prince came up to Levi and he smiled at him.

"Hi Eren, you see the couple over there," Reiner pointed at Levi and Erwin. They were sitting against a tree with Carla catching up, Levi sitting on Erwin's lap not wanting to get dirty. "I protect them, I make sure no bad guys come and hurt them," Reiner explains to Eren, in a way he can understand.

"What if a bad guy comes? Do you save them?" Eren asks, he looked over at the young couple and his Mother.

"Yup, I will save them. Do you protect your Mommy?"

Eren nodded his head, "Of course!" He shouted happily.

"That's good, you keep doing that alright," Reiner said, Eren nodded and he saluted the green eyed man. The rest of the day was spent getting to know Eren, the little bruntete became attached to Erwin which was quite cute. The 19 year old gave Eren piggy back rides and he played ball with him. Carla and Levi catched up over tea, Levi told Carla how much he missed her and how cute Eren is. And other things like how his and his Alpha's relationship is going. It was a fun day for everyone.