Chapter 17: Tear Drops In His Eyes

Two days later, Levi was sitting in the dining hall having a cup of tea. It was late at night, it was past midnight, but the raven was still waiting for his prince to show.  The other cup of tea beside him was still warm, but he doubts that it will be warm for long. He uncrosses his legs, he sets his cup of tea down and he stands up. He brushes his pants off, then he trudged down the hallway. His shoulders deflated, he shoved open his bedroom door. He sat down on the bed, then he sprawled out. "I should've known he wouldn't show," Levi mumured to himself. He sat up, he walked over to his desk and he grabbed the letter he was written. He brought it to his nose, he can smell the Alpha's masculine scent and the way he smelt like rain.

He opens the letter, his eyes scan the letter that meant a lot to him. He cradled it to his chest, he sighed. There was a knock on his door, with a groan he stood up. He opened the door, "Hi, Captain," Petra said with an endearing smile, she was dressed in her pajamas. Levi quirked an eyebrow, "I found someone on the ship," She bent down and there was a kitten. A black kitten, the cat had a ribbon tied around it's neck and with a letter attached to the ribbon.

Levi crouched down, he picked the cat up and he held the cat close. He adjusted the kitty in his arms before he grabbed the letter, he shut the door and he ignored Petra. "Hi sweetie," He cooed at the furry animal. The cat mewled, it nuzzled closer to him and he smiled. He opened the letter, it was from Erwin. Love, meet me at the place we met for the second time, there's a surprise waiting. ~E.S. Levi laughed, he grabbed his jacket and he dropped the cat off with Hange. He walked off the ship, they were by shore and they were still farley close to the castle.

The stars were bright in the sky, but he didn't mind. He got on his horse, pulling his hood over his head. Then he kicked his horse gently, the horse took off. Levi was at the place near the old house his uncle and his Mother stayed at. The Boarding House, that's what Levi called it. He dismounted his horse, he stared at the ground. His lantern lighting the way, the floor was covered in rose petals and he pushed on the door. He walked inside, he met blue eyes. "Hey baby," The deep sultry voice mumured, Levi felt tears prick his eyes and he ran into Erwin's arms. Erwin lifted him up, his hand stroking the dark raven locks.

"You're home, I thought something had happened to you," Levi said into the blond's neck, he nuzzled his nose against the Alpha's broad neck. "What is the surprise?" He asked, Erwin set him down and he led him further into the house. The house was decorated in roses and candles. The way the blond had put so much thought in it made Levi's heart patter in his chest.

"Do you like it? I put a blanket down on the floor, even purchased that sweet rose wine," The blond pressed a kiss to his forehead, the raven shifts and he reached his hand to brush away his tears. His grey blue eyes seemed to shimmer, "Did I do something that you didn't like?" Erwin asks, he raised a bushy eyebrow.

"No, Win," He paused, he buried himself into Erwin's arms. "Nobody has ever done anything like this for me," The raven cuddled into the blond's warm chest. The man dragged his fingers through the raven's undercut. The way it was so smooth and sort of scratchy beneath Erwin's fingertips.