Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Kain!" I shout and his back freezes up at the sound of my voice. He mutters one last thing to Josh, that I can't make out before pushing him back to the ground and turning to me. His lip was bleeding and he had an almost crazed look in his eyes that unnerved me. He looked behind me, "get the fuck out of here! All of you!" He hisses at the crowd of people watching.

I turn to see that they all surprisingly listened to him and scurried off. Leaving just him, Josh, and I for a minute until two guys come back glaring at Kain as they walk passed us to help Josh up. Josh pushes them off cursing them that he was fine. His eyes were glaring into Kain's, but his friends were holding him back from charging him.

"Don't look so smug asshole, my friends won't be around to stop me from beating your ass next time," Josh grunts out, trying to hide the limp in his leg as he and his friends start walking around us.

Kain lets out a dark chuckle, "I beat your ass not once, but twice now. Your friends have nothing to do with the fact that you're a weak piece of shit."

Josh's eyes burned with anger as he tried again to charge at Kain who just stood there with a smirk on his lips. "This isn't over you ass!"

"Hey! Only I'm allowed to call him that," the words slip from my mouth. I need to really work on this whole speaking without thinking thing...

Kain turns to me with a laugh, his eyebrow rising in amusement. His eyes soften as he looks at me. "Shut up you slut! You're fucking stupid to be with this loser, especially when his family has a history of being rapists!" Josh shouts at me, his eyes twinkling evilly. I don't even have time to think about what he just said before Kain's fist is hitting Josh's nose. You could hear the crack from where I stood.

"What did I tell you about talking about my family! And don't you dare bring her into this you fucking—" Kain's words are caught off by another presence.

"Hey what the hell is going on here?" I tense at the familiar voice.

I grab Kain's shaking arm to pull him away from Josh before he killed him. Alexander walks up to us taking in the scene before him. "All of you follow me we are going to the dean's office. It's the first week guys really? Now you're going to risk expulsion. What is this about?" Alex stands there with a look of anger on his face.

"Wait Kain can't be expelled!" I say and Alex's eyes snap to mine as I step from behind Kain's trembling form.

"Charlotte?" Alex looks stunned for a moment, "What are you doing here? What's going on?"

"I told you she was a slut! Look she's even fucking a professor!" Josh snickers, with blood pouring down his face. Kain tenses up further under my hand that's still holding him.

Alexander's eyes widen and then narrow at Josh in as much anger as I had seen in Kain's eyes, "Who the hell do you think you are kid? You're already in a shit load of trouble and now you want to go and make things that much worse for yourself?"

Josh just grimaces and huffs in annoyance. "Now someone tell me what the hell happened here or you're all going to the dean's office and it's my word versus yours."

Josh snickers again, "You already said you were taking us to the dean's office and now you're threatening us that you 'might' just cause you noticed your little slut is with us?" He just doesn't know when to stop does he?

"You don't know when to shut up do you?" Alex asks and I would've laughed at our similar thoughts if we weren't in this situation right now.

"This asshole was talking shit about Charlotte to antagonize me. He was asking for me to beat his ass," Kain finally speaks. What? He beat him up because of me?