A Little Bit Inside ~ 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN
2ND POV
5-10-18
——————

   .::Do you regret the war?::. You asked him. Silence entailed, as to be expected. This silence didn't seem to be as calm as it had been before.

Why did he call in the middle of the night? He never really answered that question. What did he want? To talk of course. You didn't really want to talk, considering how the conversation interrupted your recharge, but his words quickly pulled you in. The conversation had led to this.

   .::No.::. At least you were learning more about him, though furious as the response made you inside. Something was off, though. You were able to tell that with about anybody. Megatron was a challenge, but that hadn't stopped you from studying how he worked.

   .::I'm not sorry about what I did. I'm just sorry you took it like you did.::. He knew what you were talking about. You were telling him you were disappointed in him. Oh please. As if the fearless and fierce leader of the Decepticons gave a scrap about that.

The small pang in his spark told him otherwise. It was a small part of him he chose to ignore, the part of him that couldn't help but be intrigued by your unique self.

   He should be laughing, or chuckling, or teasing you mischievously and mercilessly because of your awkwardness and nervousness. If only that were the case. Megatron was losing his touch.

   .::Do not speak to me again.::. The warlord commanded you.

   .::Pardon? Are you still angry about-::.

   .::NO! You are the worst thing to come into my life. Now, quiet! Delete this communications link! I wish to hear and see no more of you!::. Now this was shocking. Not the fact that he'd had enough of you already (though your meetings dragged out much longer than you'd thought), you'd actually expected that. No, it was this abruptness of the message. The character you'd quickly grown used to from your meeting nights ago was completely gone now.

   .::I don't quite understa-::. He hung up on you mid-sentence. You huffed in annoyance on your berth and growled. Fine, if this was what the warmonger wanted, you would comply. You deleted his number and cleared him from your helm.

   Easier said than done. You didn't erase his number from your memory.

   You fell into recharge not long after. In that moment, as well as the morning, you were a mix of anger, sadness, and exhaustion that the others would interpret as a bad night. After all, they had their own to deal with from time to time.

War was a glitch to deal with. So were the memories that came with it.

——————

You woke up incredibly early that morning. It was around 3 AM. You didn't move from your berth, or even at all. You were too tired, and ended up laying on your backstruts, blankly staring at the ceiling. One servo rested at your chassis, the other at your side.

All you could think of was that late night call, that in reality, took place only hours ago.

The outburst seemed so out of character, even for the warmonger himself. You actually found yourself being concerned for him, once again. You scolded yourself for it.

Why should you care? He didn't want to even acknowledge your existence anymore, and as far as you knew, it was because you gave him a sympathetic and patient smile. Why'd you even fix him up in the first place? Or continue interacting with him months after that single event? Megatron has caused a war that tore your planet apart in all the worst ways. It ruined your home and made it uninhabitable and caused countless lives to be lost because of his acts of genocide.