I Could Die ~ 5

CHAPTER FIVE
2ND POV
2-25-18
——————

   "Arcee? Y/N? Arcee?! Y/N-"

   Jack was interrupted by the sudden shaking of the ground. You let out a pained groan as you used your arms to push your faceplates off the ground. Your optics fluttered open and did their best to stay open to keep you conscious.

   "Y/N, Y/N! Are you okay?!" Jack cried out in concern. You blinked a few more times as your vision cleared and you kneeled in front of the boy. You coughed up dust and nodded in response.

"Couldn't be better," You said sarcastically. You grunted as you shoved more rubble off of yourself and worriedly asked, "How are you? I know how fragile your human body can be, and little oxygen there'll be as you continue breathing!"

"I . . ." Jack paused, "I'm fine. We don't have time to worry about the details. We need to find the others!"

"You're right, come on!" You held out your servo for him to climb onto. Once he'd done so, you began shakily walking through the tunnel. It was easier to walk as your legs got the hang of it with the pain of each step. Instead of worrying about yourself though, you kept your focus and concerns on your smaller companion.

"ARCEE?!"

"BULKHEAD?!"

"MIKO?!"

Both of you yelled their names, hoping for an answer. All that responded was the echoes caused by the cave. A sudden thud in the distance caught your attention, and both of you looked towards the direction of the noise. It was one of the large drills that Starscream had failed to transport out of the mine!

"That could come in handy," the teenager pointed out. You cracked a smile.

"Indeed it could," You replied. Biting your derma out of nervousness (and habit), you hurried walked over to the drill. You carefully placed Jack in front of the control panels. You looked it over with your optics before pressing a couple buttons with your now free digits. The rest of the screens activated as the drill and it's purple bio lights powered up, and you and Jack bumped fists victoriously.

"Lets roll out!" You cheered. The drill moved forward on its four tires. Eventually, you began drilling in one particular spot, though when the machine pulled out, it yielded incredibly different results.

"Megatron," You whispered his name in surprise. Both of you went wide-eyed and pale faced as you saw him struggling in his rocky prison.

"I'd say helping those more unfortunate would be out of the question, though I suppose that isn't the case for at least one of you," The warmonger pointed out. You could hear the mischievousness in his voice, and it frightened you another level. Jack looked up at you with a puzzled expression.

"Wait, what does he mean?" Jack asked. You shook your helm.

"Trust me when I say you will never get another opportunity like this. I'm sure your teammates would showed you with glory after hearing how you took out their greatest enemy," Megatron explained. It sounded as if he only felt death was simple hinderance in his plans. His carefully chosen words made him sound as if he didn't fear offlining. You knew better though. You knew an act when you saw one, and being the warmonger he was was a facade.

"No," The raven-haired boy, who you had momentarily forgotten was at your side, spoke up. You and Megatron quickly looked at him in surprise.

"It's-it's not what Optimus would do." You nodded with a soft smile on your faceplates. The Prime reasoning was always a good way to go. Especially when you were someone like Jack, still trying to figure out the kind of person you want to be.