VII.II

Sarada's POV

I hid in the back of the school where no one would see me and sighed. Boruto chasing me down the hall was exhausting. I sat on the ground and wiped my sweat when the window behind me suddenly open causing me to jump forward and looked back and there stood Kenji who is about to jump out of the window. "What are yo-" I cut him off. "You're lost again aren't you?" I asked raising a brow up at him. He slightly glared at me and jumped out of the window and landed safely. "No." He deadpanned. I studied his look and he looks sad. "Is everything alright? You look kinda sad." I asked him worriedly. He look at me and frowned. "Of course I'm okay. By the way.." his frown turned into a smirk as he shoved his hands inside his pockets. "You look cool in your Red Riding Hood outfit." His smirk became wider.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever Kenji." I said and sat on the pavement. "So, what brings you here?" He asked sitting down beside me. I couldn't tell him that I was running away from Boruto so I decided to lie. "Beats me, my feet just lead me here." I shrugged. Kenji looked at me then down at the ground. "Hey Sarada and... Kenji?" Inojin said popping out of nowhere. "Inojin! W-what are you doing here?" I asked jerking up and dusting the dirt off my skirt. "I thought I heard voices here so I decided to check." Inojin smiled at me then he looked at Kenji who was probably out of his mind. "She's here, isn't she?" Inojin asked Kenji causing him to look at us. "I don't know what you're talking about Yamanaka." Kenji said casually as he got up and started to walk away. "Shay." Inojin said a smirk dancing it's way on his lips causing Kenji to stop at his tracks.

Shay? Is she Kenji's girlfriend? Kenji didn't dare to look at us and started walking away again till he turned into the corner and disappeared. I turned to look at Inojin who had a smile on his face. "Inojin, who is Shay and what's her connection with Kenji?" I asked. "I'll show you." Inojin said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him to the school grounds. "What are we doing here?" I asked him as he walked towards the mask booth and brought two Anbu masks. "Here wear this." Inojin said as he gave me one mask while he wore his own. "What's this for?" I asked putting the mask on. "Disguise, now come." He motioned me to follow him as he hide from one booth to another. I rolled my eyes at his childishness and started to walk towards him when I accidentally bumped into someone causing my mask to fall.

"Sorry I didn't notice you there." A girl whose long curly pink hair tied into a high ponytail smiled, her pale white complexion brought out her Lavender eyes. I looked at her uniform and noticed she's wearing a Leaf High uniform since I clearly remembered during the competitions that the Leaf students would be there to cheer for their school. She was beyond beautiful. "Here, you dropped this." She smiled at me handing me my mask. "Thank you." I smiled at her, taking the mask. "I'll see you around." She said and waved goodbye at me as she disappeared into the crowd. Her beauty stunned me, she looks like a model straight out from a magazine. "Oi Sarada!" Inojin said walking back towards me still wearing his replica Anbu mask. "You're gonna get us caught if you won't wear that and why weren't you following?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"I bumped into a girl who has long pink hair and Lavender ey-" Inojin cut me off. "Where is she?!" Inojin asked. I raised a brow at him and answered his question. "She disappeared into the crowd." I said as I wore my mask again. "Let's find her." He said and this time he grabbed my wrist to prevent me from falling behind. I look at Inojin's back and smiled. No wonder he's the school's prince, he never fails to smile and do his duties very well. He came into a stop causing me to hit his solid back. "Hey why did you st-"

"Quickly hide!" He said panicky as we hid behind a booth. "Wha- why are we hiding?" I whispered. "Is that the girl you just dumped onto?" He asked pointing at the pink haired girl who was lining at the cotton candy booth just across where we are. "Yeah why?" I asked. "Checkmate." Inojin said as he fished out his phone and began texting. "Who are you texting anyway and what's with her?" I asked then it hit me. Could she be Shay? "What do you want Yamanaka?" A bored tone said behind us causing us to jerk up. "Do not sneak on us like that and check this out." Inojin said as he took the mask off his face and pointed his thumb behind him. Kenji looked over his shoulder and looked back at us. "So?" Kenji asked. "What do you mean so?!" Inojin burst out. "What's there to look?" Kenji looked at him like he grew two heads. Inojin and I looked at the cotton candy booth and noticed that the pink haired girl was gone. "But she was just right there." I spoke, taking off the mask. Hurt flashed Kenji's eyes as he looked down on the ground. "Kenji?" I asked. Without uttering a word, he turned his heel and walked away.