IX

Boruto's POV

I was making my way back to the school grounds when a certain ravenette dumped into me. "S..sorry." she apologized, my eyes widen at the sight of Sarada but I guess she didn't noticed me because she was looking down. "Sarada?" I called her name. "Sorry.." she apologized again. I bent over and looked at her face. "Damn." I cursed under my breath.

I lifted Sarada up in my arms. "What are you doing?! Put me down!" She protested. I dashed towards the parking lot despite of her protests and continuous nagging. I opened the passenger seat and secured the seatbelt around her then childlocked the door and closed it so she couldn't escape. I jogged towards the drivers seat and started the engine. "Where the hell are you taking me?" She asked angrily. "Anywhere. Anywhere but here." I said glaring at her and speed off.

"Could you slow down a little bit?!" Sarada complained as I speed off the highway and beating the red lights. "You're gonna get us killed!" She shouted then an idea popped in my head. "So? If we get killed then we get killed, what's the big deal?" I asked as if I knew nothing. I watched her face turn from a pale white to a red tomato, I had to hold my laughter. "STOP LOOKING AT ME AND FOCUS ON THE ROAD!" She shouted angrily as I smirked. Now we're talking.

After her complains about my driving we finally pulled into a stop. "Are we alive?" She asked, her trembling hands covering her face. I rolled my eyes at her and unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door for her. "Yes we're alive." I said sarcastically. She slowly pulled her hands down and her eyes widen. "What the hell are we doing here?!" She asked panicking. "What's the big deal? I want to see the sunrise from here." I shrugged my shoulders as I unbuckled her seatbelt and offered my hand. She hesitated and looked at my hand then to me then back to my hand.

"This is taking us forever." I said irritatedly and grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside my car. We are far away from the city where the cliff gives the best view of the sea. The clouds were painted pink and peach, the sound of the waves was calm and the wind was refreshing. "Boruto let's go back." Sarada whispered looking down at her feet. "W.. why?" I asked, something tells me that this isn't a good sign. "Sumire.." as soon as the words escaped from her mouth my blood boiled in anger.

"Sarada, look at me." I said grabbing her chin to face me. "Sarada I'm in love with the girl whose laughter is my music. When she smiles, the whole world would brighten up. When she's angry, she turns into a beast. Sarada the girl I love isn't Sumire... it's you. So please.. stop pushing me away." I confessed, looking at her dark orbs hoping to find hope as tears began to fill my eyes. Sarada looked away.

There was an awful silence. Each second that passes, I feel like I'm starting to loose myself. "I'm sorry Boruto but there was never an us.." was all she had to say and by this time the tears that were threatening to fall, fell from my eyes. I walked towards the tree and kicked it with all my might. I turned to look at Sarada who was in tears too. My heart is broken. For that one stupid mistake I did for not protecting her. "Okay Sarada.. I understand.." I said after a few minutes despite of my heavy sobs. "I won't bother you anymore.. just let me take you home and I promise that I'll never bother you again.. just please.." I begged as fresh hot tears kept falling from my eyes.

I didn't dare to look at Sarada, I just opened the door for her to get in. At first she hesitated but later got on, I closed the door behind her and walked towards the drivers seat. Each step I take broke my heart. As soon as I slid inside the car, I started the engine and drove slowly back towards the city. It was already dark and I turned the radio on so the tension will somehow lift the mood but the song Amnesia came on and well.. it didn't help.

It's like we never happened, was it just a lie?

I wanted to ask her if she meant those words that there was never an us.

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

I wanted to tell her that every was real to me.

Cause I'm not fine at all.

I wanted to cry on her shoulder, hug her and beg her to stay.

I remember the day you told me you were leaving.
I remember the make up running down your face.

It hasn't been a day yet but her words of leaving me hurts, tears coming from her eyes. I wanted to wipe them but she pulled back and wipped them on her own.

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia.
And forget about the stupid little things.

I wanted to forget everything about her. From the way she looks, the way she eats, the little things about her.. everything..

Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you.
And the memories I never can escape.

I remember how I slept on her head almost everyday. How I love the smell of her hair.

Cause I'm not fine at all.
No, I'm really not fine at all.
Tell me this is just a dream.
'Cause I'm really not fine at all.

Sarada... I'm not fine.. save me from this lovely mess we're in..

As soon as we reached the gates of Konohagakure, Sarada mumbled a thank you and got out without looking back at me. I hunched at the streeting wheel and cried my heart out. I never knew love would be this complicated. This is why I always hate love, it gives you pain. No matter how strong you are, you're bound to the chains of misery.

I looked at the retreating figure of Sarada and cried. The day I lost her was the day I last saw her